Help with domainname please

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifaleague

Reaction score
I really need some help with my domainname.
Here's what I set it to:

Dynamic: Yes
Type: A
Target: 67.228.168.189

Then, in the cPanel here, I added the domainname without changing anything.

But, since last night, it hasn't changed. It just takes me to a cPanel page that says:

"Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server"

But the regular site adress works no problem..

Edit, I've now updated so it goes to both IP's like this:
www - 600 - A - 208.43.202.204
www - 600 - A - 67.228.168.189
But it still just gives me "Great Success !"

Last edited:

westcg

Reaction score
"Great Success!" ...classic

Hi fifaleague, I encountered what sounds like the same problem when pointing .com domain at x10 webspace.

It sounds like your reaching the x10 servers (so the nameserver for the domain record is correctly point at x10 ns).

In your cPanel as long as you add the domain (using ' Add On Domain') the x10 ns should redirect, however after I made changes it took a good few hours to take effect (I left it about 8 hours, but I'd guess you'll have to wait until the x10 ns are next updated?)

pstitch

Reaction score
This is all part of the upgrade and should be cleared up soon according to the "news on your account page. they say and I quote: Secondly, a portion of users are experiencing the 'Apache Great Success' page. This just means our DNS records got a bit ahead of your files. Once your files are moved over your site should re-appear, like magic ;).
Be patient these problems will likely be around for another week or so.
Happy New Year

fifaleague

Reaction score
Ok, great news. I was a little confused at first since my site shows if I go to the 'correct' address. But hopefully it'll be fixed soon and I can go live with the site.
Thanks for the heads up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.