Help with forum set up

TWsTheSite

Reaction score
Well, just wondering...Im a real novice (I never made a site b4) so, I was wondering if I can make a forum and well, if so, I need sm help...If sm1 can help me, plz post here....thanx every1 :happysad::happysad:

BTW, I use frontpage for designing website..

Ozzapoo

Reaction score
As verbsite suggested, try using fantastico deluxe, it's probably the easiest method...
But if you want to edit it and make new skins, etc, then you should download a forum (phpBB is the best :D) and install it yourself...

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
Open up your Cpanel, click on 'Fantasico De Luxe' under the "Software/Services" category and then choose the software that you want. SMF and PHPBB3, both of which are good forum packages are in the sidebar under "Discussion Boards".

Once you are on fantasico's install page for a software package you just need to click "New Installation" and then follow the install process.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Just note that if you get any errors like eval() being forbidden, just go to http://www.x10hosting.com/account , log into the account (forum user and pass) and request Intermediate PHP if you haven't done so as well. SMF will not work on Basic PHP. The upgrade is free and won't take any more than a few hours to change your PHP type.

TWsTheSite

Reaction score
thanx every1...btw, can I integrate this forum into my site or do I need to request another subdomain for the forum?

LHVWB

Reaction score
It depends how you want to integrate it, do a google search and find the homepage of the software package you installed, it will have information on how you can integrate it and etc. You could possibly install a content management system such as joomla to create your website and then integrate them together.

If you are using SMF then have a look at the link to The SMF Site Integration Mod in my signiture.

How exactly do you want to integrate your website with your forums?

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Moved to Scripts & 3rd Party Apps