help with .htpasswds not working,without use cpanel feature, cause i want paypal IPN

im0theros31

Reaction score
hello im tryng to protect a directory on my web,

i wrote a .htacces file with this lines

AuthName "locked"
AuthType Basic
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
require valid-user
AuthUserFile "/home/i0theros/locked/.htpasswds"

and i wrote in the .htpasswds file

user:pass

as an example and try if everything is working but it doesnt work

i need help because im gonna integrate paypal to my website (a suscription system)

but if this doesnt work obviously paypal wont .

i think the path is ok because i wrote it wrong once and that gave me a 500 server error and now just ask me for the user and password several times.

i dont want to use the cpanel feature because paypal writes the user and password athomaticaly and with its own encryption system .

if someone can help me to integrate paypal service that would be awesome cause i never did it before.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: help with .htpasswds not working,without use cpanel feature, cause i want paypal

Did you write the password in plain text, or hash it? Basic authentication requires passwords to be hashed using crypt or a specially modified version of MD5. It doesn't matter what hash mechanism PayPal uses, it matters what the server uses.

Last edited:

im0theros31

Reaction score
Re: help with .htpasswds not working,without use cpanel feature, cause i want paypal

i used MD5 ,just write "pass" as an example ,the problem is that paypal couldnt write over my file even with the right permissions, but i solved my problem, i just stoped trying with the paypal.pl file that paypal gave me and wrote my own file on PHP and works fine