Help with linking pages together and images

tungiongman34

Reaction score
i'm wondering how do i link pages together if the page isn't online yet? Like the page doesn't have a link yet.
Second, is it possible to put images from my computer directly, not having to upload to a source such as photobucket
and lastly, where can i host my website?
Sorry i'm new here and to website making, but i have to do it for my ICT project.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome to x10hosting!

To link the pages together, use relative paths instead of absolute. For example, instead of http://mydomain.com/myimg.jpg use just myimg.jpg. Doing this will look for the image in the current directory. If images are in a different directory than your HTML file, then use something like images/myimg.jpg instead. The same concept applies to links as well. For more information, see this article.

The only way to host images from your computer directly is to set your computer up as a server, which requires quite a bit of configuration, both with the computer as well as the network. In addition, the computer must be turned on 24/7 (assuming you want your website online 24/7). You don't need to upload images to Photobucket. You can host it directly from your free hosting account. Upload images like you would upload any HTML file.

You may want to read this guide on uploading files to get started with your free hosting account: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_to_Upload_Files_to_Your_Website

pe_es171

Reaction score
Linking pages offline in a php uses the concept of html code only that you will need to do that in such format like this: echo function to call or print the image link and save the page in *.php. If you will developing a dynamic site like php offline,you need a personal web server like apache,mysql and php all in one...example of software to download will include wammp server,appserve. i am a programmer as well and ready to put you through.