Help with my hp pavillion dv2000

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,
Now is my turn to request help XD
I've the hp pavillion dv2000 and have the issue with the black screen, it show a black screen when i try to turn on... i did all the steps in the hp support site, also something that i found with the master google and the issue persist... can someone helpme with the issue?

Thankyou for read this messagge :)

salu2

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I've the hp pavillion dv2000 and have the issue with the black screen

When you say "black screen," do you mean that the monitor actually powers on and lights up showing black, or the screen never displays anything at all?

o_mata1

Reaction score
i think i know what your talking about.. sadly i have no input on this topic..

i repair computers as a side job and i have received 2 computers with that same issue sadly i have yet to come up with a solution..

the only thing that i came up with is it seems to do with the updates.. like if an update does not complete or power just shuts off something of that sort.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
i think i know what your talking about.. sadly i have no input on this topic..

i repair computers as a side job and i have received 2 computers with that same issue sadly i have yet to come up with a solution..

the only thing that i came up with is it seems to do with the updates.. like if an update does not complete or power just shuts off something of that sort.

That would effect the OS, not the BIOS/computer booting.

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
When you say "black screen," do you mean that the monitor actually powers on and lights up showing black, or the screen never displays anything at all?
yep, this is the issue, i try to turn on the pc and..... don't display anything :(

salu2

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Does the HDD light flash after a moment, to indicate that Windows is loading? If it does, try plugging in an external display then turning on the laptop, and maybe pressing the key combo to enable the external display (usually "Fn" plus something).

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a neighbor who has a similar problem with her hp notebook. It happens whenever she just closes the lid without putting to to sleep or shutting down first. When she opens back up the lid, the sreen turns on, but just stays that placid grey-black color. Nothing ever happens. The only fix is to hold down the power button while the screen is on. Just keep holding down the power button until the computer does a hard reset.

Hopefully that will solve your problem.

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you for all your replyes
@sharky
this is the second time that my laptop have this issue, the first time i'd tryed ussing an external display but didn't work XD

@ichwar
I'd tryed do that but the issue persist XD

@mr kennedy
yesterday i'd readed that some pieces of the laptop (dv2000 series) have the same problem, when the mother is heated, some parts are desoldering. This was explained by technician in some blog that say that if the parts aren't in the correct place... the pc never be started XD, so now... i'll disarm my pc and check the parts because i use my laptop to hard work and sometimes i leave it on by 14-18 hrs XD

salu2

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Is it still under warranty?

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
nops, the past year i sen't the pc to hp and they "fix the problem" but now, i've the same problem XD

salu2

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you for all your replyes
@sharky
this is the second time that my laptop have this issue, the first time i'd tryed ussing an external display but didn't work XD

@ichwar
I'd tryed do that but the issue persist XD

@mr kennedy
yesterday i'd readed that some pieces of the laptop (dv2000 series) have the same problem, when the mother is heated, some parts are desoldering. This was explained by technician in some blog that say that if the parts aren't in the correct place... the pc never be started XD, so now... i'll disarm my pc and check the parts because i use my laptop to hard work and sometimes i leave it on by 14-18 hrs XD

salu2

Sounds like the same problem many other laptops seem to experience these days due to the poor cooling many notebooks have these days, from Thermal Shutdowns to of course, the solders failing on the boards. What happened to the days where the air intake for the fan was on the side of the laptop, and the exhaust was either on the side of the laptop or on the back? It was much harder to overheat a laptop that had such a setup since it wasn't sucking in already burning hot air from the bottom of the notebook. Also, what happened to dual fans in the laptops or even efficient ones? That certainly helped a few Intel Core Duo notebooks I came across, keeping the CPU at 40 Celsius under load and the GPU at 75 Celsius under load. Now a days anyone who knows a thing or two about today's notebooks will always suggest to go buy a cooling pad with decent fans on them.

I have a neighbor who has a similar problem with her hp notebook. It happens whenever she just closes the lid without putting to to sleep or shutting down first. When she opens back up the lid, the sreen turns on, but just stays that placid grey-black color. Nothing ever happens. The only fix is to hold down the power button while the screen is on. Just keep holding down the power button until the computer does a hard reset.

Hopefully that will solve your problem.

If it's running Vista, all it probably needs are display driver updates and maybe some other driver updates.

Last edited:

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds like the same problem many other laptops seem to experience these days due to the poor cooling many notebooks have these days, from Thermal Shutdowns to of course, the solders failing on the boards. What happened to the days where the air intake for the fan was on the side of the laptop, and the exhaust was either on the side of the laptop or on the back? It was much harder to overheat a laptop that had such a setup since it wasn't sucking in already burning hot air from the bottom of the notebook. Also, what happened to dual fans in the laptops or even efficient ones? That certainly helped a few Intel Core Duo notebooks I came across, keeping the CPU at 40 Celsius under load and the GPU at 75 Celsius under load. Now a days anyone who knows a thing or two about today's notebooks will always suggest to go buy a cooling pad with decent fans on them.
I agree :)

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, i'd open my laptop, i'm looking for the problem :)

salu2

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It very well may be the mobo since it sounds like the bios isn't posting?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
No problem. Glad it's fixed/you found the solution :)

Last edited: