help with new Laptop Hardware test

v4xde

Reaction score
Dear All,

I just purchase a laptop because my last laptop that I only used 12 times over 1 year (yes, because I have an oldie that still with loads of programming) whent dead when I was doing several backups of my 160Gb Hardisk from the old one.

My last one was HP pavillion DV6, and I found that they had/ have loads of probs.

Now I have a ACER, I could not find yet things wrong, but I would like to test it as I have 15 left to return if something wrong.

So, question is what kind of tests can I do to take this laptop to the limits 24hrs?

I am at the moment with 3 Video players reading 10 movies different from each other but in a loop 24hrs.

There is only 29% of RAM resources and 6% Usage of CPU.

Any ideas to increase it?

V

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Update DirectX on the laptop along with the video drivers, set the laptop to High Performance if you're running Vista/Win7. Then, download OCCT at http://ocbase.com and run the PSU Test with 64-bit/HyperThreaded instructions, and setting the Shader Complexity to the max and setting the resolution to at least 80% of the display. Do that and see how it handles being under full load with a ton of heat being created :)

Yes, it is a stressing/Memtest program. Yes, it will make the laptop get very warm. Yes, it will get the power adapter warm, so don't run it while the battery is charging!

Last edited:

icechen1

Reaction score
Run ORTHOS for an CPU stress test for a few hours.
Try some graphical benchmarks for performance and see if there's any corruption.
You should monitor system temperature to avoid overheating, it's bad for the laptop's health.
Hope this helps!