Help with phpBB3 install

tough-questions

Reaction score
I am trying to install phpBB3 on my free hosting. When I go to install it I just get a blank page. I looked at my error logs and i see this error

[Tue Mar 11 09:08:55 2008] [error] [client 69.207.241.242] ALERT - function within blacklist called: set_time_limit() (attacker '69.207.241.242', file '/home/tough/public_html/girls/phpbb3/install/index.php', line 123)

What does it mean and how can I install phpbb3?
Thanks for any help!

orthiac

Reaction score
Not sure if it's the same, but I installed AEF and when I didn't delete the install directory, (I never RTM), it left me at a blank page.
Deleted the directory and all was well.

tough-questions

Reaction score
Not sure if it's the same, but I installed AEF and when I didn't delete the install directory, (I never RTM), it left me at a blank page.
Deleted the directory and all was well.

Its the /install/index.php that I get a blank page on. I can't even install phpBB3. My application for php upgrade has been approved and I am just waiting for it to be upgraded now so we will see if that takes care of the problem if not then I will have to be back here looking for help again!

anushkaw

Reaction score
i have the exact same problem.... pls help us. i also aplyied 4 upgrade... lets c..!

xtinction

Reaction score
Hi. did the upgrade solved the problem? I´m trying to setup postnuke and i get a blank page when i call install.php. I checked log and i get message "function within blacklist called: set_time_limit() ".

34Ford

Reaction score
All I get is a blank screen. Where is this log you speak of?

Sohail

Reaction score
If you get a blank screen then that is because you have version 1 of PHP. Just login at http://x10hosting.com/account/ and request an upgrade to the intermediate version of PHP (version 2). After it has actually been upgraded, you won't see the blank page and instead you will see the installation screen :).

Give me rep if that helps...

34Ford

Reaction score
So my CP shows "PHP version 5.2.5" is not right?

Oh, I was set on "basic" I need "intermediate" dont I?

Ok, I just summited for it.
Edit:
Sweet. Im looking at the Administration Control Panel right now!!:biggrin:

Now i have to remove the install directory.

Edit:
Sweet. Im looking at the Administration Control Panel right now!!:biggrin:

Edit:
What in the world is a Automerged Doublepost?

I cant reply darn it.

Sweet. Im looking at the Administration Control Panel right now!!

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Please avoid double posting! This is your first warning, next time i will give you an infraction.

northsider1983

Reaction score
If you get a blank screen then that is because you have version 1 of PHP. Just login at http://x10hosting.com/account/ and request an upgrade to the intermediate version of PHP (version 2). After it has actually been upgraded, you won't see the blank page and instead you will see the installation screen :).

Give me rep if that helps...
Upgrading now. Hopefully this will work and you'll get some more rep points! :biggrin:

EDIT: Still getting just a blank screen

Last edited: