Help with Streaming audio

kaozskyblade

Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds noob, but here it goes:

Ive been checking this out, but i just cant find a way to host a shoutcast station the way i want to. Well, i dont know how to host one period. i know u need to have a server and a broadcaster broadcasting stuff through the server. What I dont know, is how i create a server. How do i do it so the server is run on the website, not on my compuer, and my computer is the one streaming the files. Correct me if i am wrong, but that way it uses the bandwidth of the Acc. given to us by x10, right. So, if u have a corporate account, the station has 45 gigs of bandwidth per month, right? I am really confused with all this, and i would like it if somebody would help me out of the kindess in their hearts :naughty: . plz??
I tried Andromeda, but the music files have to be updated to the site, and that would violate TOC. If Shoutcast isnt for me, does any1 have suggestions on another program that streams audio from my comp to the internet using the websites bandwidth???

o yea, it would also be cool if it could embed a player into a site, that way you dont have to open WinAmp or WMP or other things like that.

sry if this is alot, but i dont know much on this subject

Any help is appreciated

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
You shouldn't be posting in a thread this old (It's 3 years old).