Help With Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrider

Reaction score
hi guys this is coolrider again i was woundering if u guys can setup a data base for my website i dont know how and been trying for amonth now lol i would like to get it where people have to login to view the site and i cant get that to work so i need (data base/register/fourms/web protect) sorry i really dont know what to do and how to do it lol hope u guys can help me out thanks for your time :grin:

repusmod

Reaction score
Why don't you use Fantastico in your cPanel and it will install auto phpnuke for you with database set and all.. phpnuke comes with all...

coolrider

Reaction score
i tryed but i messed it up lol like i said im new to all this stuff and dont know what to do and what it does i dont know what to say but im a noob at this lol sorry maybe u can help me with it or some thing thanks for your time

repusmod

Reaction score
Yes I could install all that for you. But when I install it I want to be sure you know what to do after... That is why I invit you to read more about phpnuke how it works and what you get with phpnuke then post again so we can talk if you want it or not... And tell me more about what is your site about, and what you want to put on just for info to see if it worth to install phpnuke...

For infos go on www.google.com

Type PHP-Nuke or search for PHP-Nuke Newbie Tutorial..

nicholas

Reaction score
if you are looking CMS, you can try this link http://www.opensourcecms.com/

there are demos for CMS and you can test it out yourself to decide which one you one.

as for installing you said you messed it up when you try installing through fantastico, maybe can you elaborate what problems you have?

:eek:riginal:

coolrider

Reaction score
ok i did some reading not much sorry i went here www.karakas-online.de/EN-Book i kinda know what it does ill have to learn more about it later i got some free time lol and yes i would liek u to install it and set it up for me and ill take it from there ill learn it 1 step at a
time.
my website is a support the troops website the good and the bad www.military.x10hosting.com i would like to have a database with register on it i really need to have people register and login to view the website and i need to put in fourms so people can post and read up on whats going on if u need more info plz let me know thanks for your time o yeah and i need to be able to put music and videos on the website to i tryed to upload some and it did not work maybe i did some thing wrong ill have pic/video/news/fourms/music on the site so i need to be able to do all of that thanks

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
coolrider said:
ok i did some reading not much sorry i went here www.karakas-online.de/EN-Book i kinda know what it does ill have to learn more about it later i got some free time lol and yes i would liek u to install it and set it up for me and ill take it from there ill learn it 1 step at a
time.
my website is a support the troops website the good and the bad www.military.x10hosting.com i would like to have a database with register on it i really need to have people register and login to view the website and i need to put in fourms so people can post and read up on whats going on if u need more info plz let me know thanks for your time o yeah and i need to be able to put music and videos on the website to i tryed to upload some and it did not work maybe i did some thing wrong ill have pic/video/news/fourms/music on the site so i need to be able to do all of that thanks
well the site you have right now looks pretty good, but i understand about how you need for people to login :grin:

nicholas

Reaction score
coolrider said:
thanks nicholas ill go check it out

no problem :blushing: i think you already have a great looking site and meaningful too :grin:

coolrider

Reaction score
thank you guys for all the help and thnaks alot to richolas^^ hope u guys like the new one ty for hosting it and helping me out ty very much

coolrider

Reaction score
hey richolas i got back all my files but the new site still dont work was woundering if u knew why yet i tryed the tk and the oif one and both dont work

coolrider

Reaction score
well i hav eno clue whats going on lol i still did not get teh email lol and does this mean i have 3 sites now? is there a way after i get new one to delete the others have 3 is way to much for me lol i can barly handle 1

coolrider

Reaction score
an thanks again to the people that helped me with the site and stuff thanks alot very much your are good people

nicholas

Reaction score
no problem coolrider...you can up my reputation points and the others who help you too if you want.... :blushing:

anyway you dont have 3 sites :laughing: you are just making use of the small island's tk to redirect to your current x10hosting subdomain :happy:

btw i dont quite understand what you mean by i got back all my files but the new site still dont work...did you set up a new site based on CMS? coz i just checked and you still have that wonderful site :shaun:

coolrider

Reaction score
i dont know how to up your guys pints or i would;; and ill my files from cpanel was gone and now they are bacl lol wierd i just want the new site and thats it i mean if i go to cpanel will it go to my new site or to them all?

nicholas

Reaction score
coolrider said:
i dont know how to up your guys pints or i would;; and ill my files from cpanel was gone and now they are bacl lol wierd i just want the new site and thats it i mean if i go to cpanel will it go to my new site or to them all?

okay. you can install any CMS from fantastico in your cpanel. once you key in some information, it will install it automatically. if you want it to be at your root directory, you have get rid of your current site 1st :eek:riginal:

coolrider

Reaction score
ok how do i edit the index.php file i need to edit it so i can put your ads on it or do i do it some other way

Status
Not open for further replies.