Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
I think I screwed myself over.
I am running IPB 1.3.1. I went into the files to try to add a mod, and when I tried to save, it didn't work. The saving just sat there, and after thirty seconds, is stopped, because I had used up the maximum execution time (I was altering it on a web-based FTP client.)
Well, the file is ruined. When I open it, if it even will open, there are only a few letter prfixed with <?php. So, thousands of characters in the file didn't save, somehow.
I had a zipped back-up, but I zipped it on the web-based FTP client, and it's corrupt (BTW: Net2FTP SUCKS).
So now I have no file to use. I reformatted my computer and forgot to save my IPB 1.3.1 files, so I have no backup to replace the corrupt file with.

Is there any way to restore an older file?
(The file was located at http://www.december.x10hosting.com/forum/sources/Usercp.php, and a good date would be November 13th or earlier.)

Cynical

Reaction score
Sorry, but backups are solely the client's responsibility, which is clearly stated in the TOS.

6. System Backups
Backups of all customer data are soley the responsibility of the client. x10Hosting does full nightly backups, these are to be used for system restore only, and are not tested for individual account backup. Any other questions on this policy should be directed to the staff.

We only back up individual accounts when, say, we move servers, etc..

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
The strangest thing just happened. My file's fine!
I went back and opened it and it's suddenly fine.

lambada

Reaction score
Well, it appears as though everything is fine.

:lockd: [/LOCKED]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.