Helppp Pleease

Status
Not open for further replies.

elforo

Reaction score
My home pc has gone haywire windows xp will not even boot, i tried safe mode but i get corrupt system file ive tried to fix it but i cant...i have a partition on which i use linux...is their any way ican get my files from my ntfs xp partition on to linux partition? i use fedora core...and i have wine if it helps....
cheers in advance

Last edited:

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
this really doesn't go here i believe. BUT is there a way you can view the file structure of windows using linux. if so your best bet would to copy the files like that. reinstall windows and then copy the files back over

elforo

Reaction score
ok cheers...but from linux it doesnt see the c:/ partition....can i use norton ghost or anything like that at boot up....ihave a cd full of goodies but dont know which one could do the trick....thanx

randomize

Reaction score
Like mentioned earlier, this aint the right section, But i shall post a reply any way!

Norton ghost creates an image of the system that you had, so when your xp was fine, and you imaged it, it creates an exact copy of the system.

Then when your computer goes haywire, you just use the image to replace your computer back to how it was.

Linux won't see it because they are completly different operating systems. If you had windows 2000 and xp then windows 2000 would see it, so it might be worth trying to create a very small partition with 2000 on it, (with enough room for important files from xp) and then copy files from xp to 2000

I hope that this helps you!
If not just pm me and ill see what I can do!

Status
Not open for further replies.