Hey Check out my site?:)

TBLAZE

Reaction score
Heyy guys

I created this site, ( well the precursor to what it is now) about 2 years ago, with the goal being to create an internet radio station(hopefully and mainly run by youth( or youth at heart)) that showcases more of what is not heard in the mainstream.

It has evolved into www.richmixradio.com

We still have no listeners though ( we haven't promoted) and are looking for people who are interested in the project :)

So please, check out my site and tell me what you think

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Several rendering issues in FireFox 3, page doesn't load fully in IE7 (probably the two most popular browsers and it's not working correctly in either - this needs some fixing).

Other than those, the site looks good, but it shouldn't be having serious rendering issues.

The probable cause?

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.richmixradio.com%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

Errors found while checking this document as HTML 4.01 Transitional!

Result: 93 Errors, 154 warning(s)

Since FF and other browsers try to render by the standards, having 93 errors is not really a good thing. One is an easy fix though - your Favicon <link> needs to be BELOW the doctype. Doctype must be the very first thing returned in an html document for it to know what to use, otherwise it defaults to 4.01 transitional (the doctype you've got is for xhtml 1.0 transitional, but since it's second, it starts automatically parsing as 4.01).

Also, I'm not entirely sure if it's my pc or your site, but roughly half the page fails to load -at all- in IE7 (see screencaps below)

I gotta be honest though, fixing the doctype is the least of the problems.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.richmixradio.com%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=XHTML+1.0+Transitional&group=0

When forcing validation as xhtml1.0 transitional:
Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!

Result: 141 Errors, 2 warning(s)

1 of those is the doctype after the link tag though.

You've got some work ahead of you; the site looks like it's got the makings to be awesome, but it needs some tweakin' so it actually loads all the way in IE, and so everything's back to where it should be in Firefox.

IE7 Failed Load: www.livewire90210.com/down_files/richmx%20failed%20load.jpg

FF3 Poor Positioning: www.livewire90210.com/down_files/richmx%20firefox3.jpg

FF3, from the top-left: Blue hyperlink is almost invisible, and even without the jpg quality loss it's still barely there, the text is outside of the gradient areas for recent posts/topics, article author/category blocked by image, the two arrows by "wall" are actually covering part of the word, calendar isn't centered.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but if everyone viewing the site in IE7 gets presented with a site that doesn't fully load...Well, given that the IE series is still the most commonly used browser, most of your viewers aren't going to be able to see the site. As for the errors in Firefox, I've seen other Wordpress sites that render without errors/warnings, so it's not a Wordpress problem - it's a theme problem.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Apart for problems mentioned by Livewire I have to add something about the layout design. It has some potential but it's far from perfect.

Navigation many is absolutely misplaced but the buttons themselves are really nice.

That's juts one of many things on your layout that are making this site look a bit confusing. You have to work a little bit harder to try to make a fluid design.

str82u

Reaction score
Re: Hey Checked out your site?:)

Nice look, but from a user standpoint, move more of your "selling points" above the fold, remove the areas that don't seemed used. The items under the buttons might go better on the sides and raise the center body to the top to demonstrate there is more past the fold.

Overall, very clean and professional, tried the radio too, sounds great.

haslam1

Reaction score
very nice easy on eyes and also stylish
loads well in ie8 about 3secs
if you want to advertise on my site i would love you to as it is the sort of site design that looks good to link to just go to my site alisdesigns.x10hosting.com and go to contact and email
im willing for PayPerClick or PayPerImpression but PayPerClick is better as you want site veiws
thanks nice site only one prob error Say's 'SHARETHIS' is undefined