Hey its Stitch!

stitchrokcs

Reaction score
Well I just registered an X10Hosting account and love it! So far the servers have been very reliable haven't had a crash and best of all no ads! Plus the support community seems great. I am looking forward to chatting with some of you.

I plan on using the space to open up a MyBB forum about something (havent decided yet.) So I cant wait :).

Also a few questions:

- Is 10,000m of bandwidth per-month enough to sufficiently run a medium sized forum say... 500-1000 members with say 100-250 posts per day?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Welcome to x10Hosting! :)

To answer your question.. The amount of bandwidth required greatly depends on the size of pages within your forum. This includes any and all files associated with loading the page (with an empty browser cache). For example, having lots of images on your site would increase bandwidth usage compared to using a minimal amount.

I'm not sure of a specific answer for your question, and I'm not very certain there is one. I'm sure 10 gigabytes of transfer will be plenty for you - worst case you can upgrade easily. I'm sure your forum will be fine though.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
10 gb is on the lower side for a medium forum. But it will be fine until you hit that point. No sense spending the money for VIP before you get that many forum members.