Hey stitch here!

stitchrokcs

Reaction score
Well I am not exactly new to x10hosting but I'm more or less new to the forums.

Anyway I love x10 I have used their free hosting on and off for almost a year and have recommended a few people here one even got a VPS. Anyway I am considering purchasing a Premium Hosting Package, but it's changed a bit since the last time I checked, and I am unclear as to some of the things being offered.

You still would get cPanel as part of the package and you still have full FTP access, like I can upload stuff that isnt in the "Fantastico (100+ Autoinstall Scripts)" like a certain forum software or what-not.

Also I think I read somewhere in the knowledge base that it had Shell access? I am a pretty big IRC'er and possibly hosting a ZNC and Eggdrop Bot (or even IRCd/Srvx) is possible?

OK and one last thing, now even though it says "unmetered bandwidth/storage" eventually there comes a point where it becomes a annoyance, now I doubt I'll ever get to that point but if I were to get to a point where I would become an annoyance what would happen? Would I get a warning before hand that I am using too many "resources" or would they just freeze my account or what?

Now I know these questions have pretty obvious answers but just because money is involved I want to be extra sure I know what I am paying for.

Anyway I look forward to purchasing the premium package soon and seeing as how great the free package was I can only imagine the paid package.

Last edited:

mattblog

Reaction score
First of all i would like to say
Welcome to x10hosting Forums! :biggrin:

Next, if you are only going to have one domain, for now i suggest you get the unmetered free package. Im not completely sure if it has full FTP access but im sure it does. the only thing it doesnt have is more than 3 websites on it. As well it has x10hosting kind of like watermark on each email you send, but i suggest you use a independent email provider like gmail.

Anyways you can check more about this package here
http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/122732-some-updates.html

This is a new package and everyone is excited about it, however im staying with the original. As off i host many websites. regardless i think this is the perfect package for you until you decide to go premiem. Yes you would have cpanel and i am 99.99% sure that you have Full FTP access. Im almost positive you do. Regardless its up to you to make the decision

Good Luck
Matt

stitchrokcs

Reaction score
Thanks for the input and welcome!

Well I have used the free before and from time to time I would get a 503 error but then it would go back to normal and I kinda notice it does tend to lag I'm pretty sure it's because of the number of accounts on the free server and the premium accounts are hosted on different servers which have much less accounts on them. I'm still deciding back and forth on my options.

Also if I were to go with the free hosting and then later decide I need to go premium would I just pay and x10 will just upgrade my account or do I have to transfer stuff around?

Last edited: