Hey

IIN Operator

Reaction score
I'm a new user here to X10. I'm waiting for my hosting account at this moment. But I'm nowhere near ready to launch anyway. I'm a software programmer with intermediate experience in Visual Basic and Javascript, which I've attained in about 3 months for vB and 1 month for Javascript. I've got advanced knowledge of HTML and a pretty good understanding of XML. I'll be moving into PHP / mySQL development soon.

I think I'll describe my web site and what it is about. IIN is my new web site that will operate on my own proprietary version of HTML, known as IINHTML. While full browser support won't exist unless my site becomes popular or I write a browser, it does not matter because it will remain compatible enough with HTML. This site will be about numerous topics. I don't even know what will be included, yet. I'd like to utilize a universal account system for the whole site and I will run it on my own software. I've got many ideas for sections of my site, but obviously, most of them won't be used. I know the sure thing part of my web site is for the forums, complete with my no-ban policies. We remove objectionable content because nobody will waste their time spamming constantly if you just remove it and let it run its course. Heck, they'll probably contribute to discussion eventually. I'm setting the forums up to encourage participation and to encourage repeat visits by running an aggressive policy of countering hostile posts by established members through code features that will show the members that they are not disrespected. I'm trying to expand forum usership to a wider audience because I'm concerned that most potential visitors are being scared away. To ensure proper content control, I'm going to elevate users of all viewpoint to the content control staff. But I wish to keep the banned content to a minimum, probably just material against X10's rules and potentially dangerous content.

Likely topics for the site include gaming and sports.

Probably the biggest development goal for me is to develop secure and bug-free software. I'm concerned about the low security in vBulletin databases, particularly their failure to encrypt email addresses. If a hacker got into a system and accessed a vBulletin database or any other forum database for that matter, they'd have a bunch of email accounts to sell to the spammers.

The biggest examples of insecure websites right now have led to media circuses. My Space's failure to effectively protect their users' pages from snooping media and parents caused bad publicity for the website. They offered tools to do it, but just like Microsoft, don't always turn them on. Wikipedia is another example. Because they are running an obsolete wiki software and haven't felt like requiring a preview on all edits like many current Wikis have as a feature, people have wreaked havoc on their site spreading misinformation. They had to release a partial security fix, but that still doesn't fix the problems with the software. If the article already exists, even today, anybody can modify an obscure article or register an account, wait a few days and create an article about a topic considered uninteresting by Wikipedia's members, filled with misinformation and outright lies. They've had a bogus article about an ex-reporter, the owner changing his article, in flagrant violation of policies that are enforced on the users, and the Congress scandal. Encyclopedia Britannica was embarrassed to be compared to Wikipedia in a magazine, though Wikipedia did OK because it was a science magazine that compared the 2 and science is an interest of Wikipedia users.

I won't leave any features in my website that allow undesirables into areas containing personal information and there will be a disclaimer on every page of the forums and everywhere else that can be edited by users, warning of possible misinformation.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
I just have to say WOW. Just WOW. This is the longest post I have ever seen in the "Introductions" forum. I mean when I write "hellos", I can't even think of the first line to type.

Anyways, welcome to x10hosting, I hope you enjoy any future services you recieve. Sounds like an interesting sight and looks like your a determined programmer (whether it be web or comp. languages), congrats.!

And just out of curiosity, which free hosting plan did you sign up for? Oh and, the free signups are on a lottery system, 10 out of an average of 200 people a night get their accounts activated and the rest get flushed. So if you don't recieve an e-mail within 24 hours of signing up, re-signup and cross your fingers for the next draw. lol.

IIN Operator

Reaction score
I'm trying to sign up for Corporate. I'm sure it's a very low chance, but it is worth my time to wait for a good free host rather than pay for hosting, use Geocities / Freewebs or try to host it on my Internet connection, which won't work. I don't even know if I can attract a big enough user following to make this site worthwhile yet.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
http://www.x10hosting.com/hosting?type=winners

You can check that page to see how many apps. are currently entered in the lottery system. A total of 10 people out of that number are picked when the lottery draws each night, so check tonight and see how many are currently in the lottery system & you will know your chances. ;)

chaganlal1

Reaction score
My post is simple and to the point. Welcome to x10hosting Hope ya enjoy your stay.

n4tec

Reaction score
welcome to x10. i hope you will have a great experience here..

Jacob

Reaction score
Welcome to x10Hosting! I'm sure you will find it very pleasant here. Enjoy!

Bwanana

Reaction score
Welcome to x10 Hosting!!!

That's some first post you made there.