Hi! Kindly review my site

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I like the layout, however there are a couple of validation errors which you can see here. Also the font you've chosen for the Quote on the homepage is hard to read.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I found it quite hard to read.

Especially the text at the bottom right.

I like the content though.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I can give some suggestions on how to make it better:
* Use PNGs; JPGs don't look nice on the web because they get pixelated unless you have the quality really high.

* Always try to make sites that don't have much content on the front page so a user doesn't have to scroll down an inch to see the last bit. It can really annoy lazy people. =p

* Always check your site's HTML by going to w3.org's validator. It works very well however I get very annoyed because my code usually has about 50 errors. Luckily, usually one fix fixes more than one bug.

I like your layout but it is a bit too image intensive. Once you learn some more CSS you will find out how to make sidebars with text and images to decrease load time.
:)

Demelition11

Reaction score
I like the layout. The quote in the bottom right is in a hard to read font. Also you could've put your navigation links in a different area (but it doesn't really matter), and is it me, or is the background not centered properly?

Other than that, its actually pretty good.

GBH187

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest

Bad points:
the site does not scale well, on my 24" screen the site is a small sqare in the corner of my browser, the text is too small to read and its just horrible (sorry)

Good Points:
I like the use of the colours, I like the fonts even if some are hard to read.

1 angel undercover

Reaction score
I can give some suggestions on how to make it better:
* Use PNGs; JPGs don't look nice on the web because they get pixelated unless you have the quality really high.

* Always try to make sites that don't have much content on the front page so a user doesn't have to scroll down an inch to see the last bit. It can really annoy lazy people. =p

* Always check your site's HTML by going to w3.org's validator. It works very well however I get very annoyed because my code usually has about 50 errors. Luckily, usually one fix fixes more than one bug.

I like your layout but it is a bit too image intensive. Once you learn some more CSS you will find out how to make sidebars with text and images to decrease load time.
:)

Thank you for your suggestions! I've heard of the CSS, however I don't have any idea how to do it. I've develop this site using Dreamweaver and it's my second developed website... I'm willing to learn more to improve my site. Thank you again for your comments
Edit:
I like the layout. The quote in the bottom right is in a hard to read font. Also you could've put your navigation links in a different area (but it doesn't really matter), and is it me, or is the background not centered properly?

Other than that, its actually pretty good.

:lol: It's my background that is not centered properly.

I have inquired of it on another part of this forum and they have mentioned of the liquid html. Something like that. However, I still have to check how I can do it on Dreamweaver. Sorry, I really don't have coding experience.
Edit:
I'm going to be honest

Bad points:
the site does not scale well, on my 24" screen the site is a small sqare in the corner of my browser, the text is too small to read and its just horrible (sorry)

Good Points:
I like the use of the colours, I like the fonts even if some are hard to read.

It's ok ;) you're inputs will help me improve.

Last edited:

JuniorD

Reaction score
make text bigger. make the main content bigger. center the website. use the whole screen. dont use random colors. never ever use jpgs unless you absolutely have to. don't commit suicide over what I just said. I like the cold harsh truth. :D

um in dreamweaver, I believe you go to edit, select all, hit it a few times until the whole thing is shaded, and then go to align>align text> center. i believe that centers it. get rid of the white background though.

Last edited: