Hi

jredding

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Joseph Redding I am a student majoring in web design and development. I am looking for a good hosting company for my website. I have just signed up for free hosting, but I would like to have a payed hosting service. At the moment I am bombarded with all these adds from other hosting companies. I have tried a couple and was not satisfied, What I would like to ask this community is, how do you guys feel about x10hosting? Is it worth getting a paid service through this hosting company?

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're looking for a free service for your website! x10hosting is the best out there even if you go with the paid plan . This is a must use service . Plus no ad's

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi, Joseph. I'm a fan of x10Hosting, but I can't make a recommendation without knowing more about your needs. "Web development" is a pretty wide-ranging topic, and what you want to do may involve technologies that aren't available on the Free Hosting service, or even on the Premium shared hosting service. There is very little you can't do with a VPS, but that would also require some sysop skills (managed VPSs aren't available here anymore, and tend to be expensive anywhere you can find them); if the stack you want to work on includes, say, Ruby/Rails, Erlang or node.js, it would probably be easier to find a dedicated turnkey service for that stack if you're not at home in Linux.

If basic PHP/MySQL shared hosting is all you need and you don't need to serve large (> 10MB) files and you don't expect large amounts of traffic, you may find that Free Hosting (or the relatively inexpensive Illuminated upgrade, which puts you on a less-crowded server with greater resources) is all you need. You can do just about any front-end work you want to do in front of that stack. If you need Perl or Python, or greater resources than any of the Free Hosting packages provide, then Premium will fill the bill at least as well as any other shared hosting provider. If you need a different runtime or a different database platform (MongoDB or CouchDB or some such), then you need to decide whether or not you'd be comfortable managing a VPS. If so, then pick a configuration, install what you need, and you won't be disappointed. If not, then you'll need to look for a turnkey solution elsewhere.

marilab89

Reaction score
Hi mate, im newbie here too , im studying animation and working on timeshare attorney business, feel free to ask something pls :D

bitblogp

Reaction score
Hi jredding,

I recommend x10, if their service meets your requirements. They have a fast and friendly customer support, and are decently priced for what they offer.