hidden .htaccess file through file manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyrGecko

Reaction score
inaccessible .htaccess file through file manager

I was editing it without any problems earlier, but after I mapped my site to a network drive (now disconnected and a bit buggy) on Vista, I could no longer view the .htaccess file (could view it on the network drive, pain to edit, though). I've also tried re-uploading a backup version that I had on my computer, but that doesn't show up either. It does show up via search, but then it'll say "No records found" when I double-click it. I'll probably just poke to poor support guys tomorrow :x. It's been like this for most of the day now.

The main reason I ask is that editing hotlink protection from the cpanel is apparently not taking effect anymore (e.g. can't link to my own images on the same websites despite exceptions being there... - disabled it for now).

Also, creating a new .htaccess file results in that disappearing as well and without a "file already exists" error message, just tried it.

Last edited:

istore_admin

Reaction score
When you go to your control panel click on file manager and a box will open up titled:"File Manager Directory Selection"

with a few options such as
"Please select a directory to open:"

this should be set to what ever your domain is and below that is the option: "show hidden files (dot files)" next to a tick box. Make sure that is ticked and click go. then you should be able to see your .htaccess files and other hidden files as well.

WyrGecko

Reaction score
ah, that's what I was looking for - not sure why I didn't look there. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.