High Resource Usage Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireLancer

Reaction score
2. High Resource Usage Policy
Resources are defined as bandwidth and/or processor utilization. x10Hosting may implement the following policy to its sole discretion: When a website is found to be monopolising the resources available x10Hosting, reserves the right to suspend that site immediately. This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers. Customers may be offered an option whereby x10Hosting continues hosting the website for an additional fee.

What does this mean in practice?

eg if my site got say 50 page hits a minute on average all these pages were near identicle:
How much php scripts and sql querys could each page have to be safely under the limit? 100 lines of code, 500, a 1000 even?

Right now I have no idea if my site would be way over the limit ormiles under and I want to have some idea before I finish it and make it publicly available.

I saw in one of the topics I found in a serach numbers like 30% CPU for x minutes but I don't see anywhere that says what my CPU usage is nor do I have a clue how much CPU php and mysql querys use...

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
You most likely will not have to worry about it.
High resource usage is figured out by checking your usage of various different resources so we can't give you a accurate number. If you do go over, you are suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.