High resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

all4God

Reaction score
Hi
All day yesterday I have been getting suspended for high resource usage on my account. I was wondering if you could look into things and narrow that down a little and give me some thoughts as to what exactly it is on my account that is triggering that so that I can remove it/attempt to reduce it's impact. I haven't made any changes to my account of late (I have a wordpress installation with several plugins active, but have neither upgraded anything or added new plugins for a while) and my traffic seemingly isn't any higher than normal according to google analytics, so I am just curious as to why this high resource thing is getting triggered so much all of a sudden. Obviously I want to avoid it, but the information you are giving me at the moment isn't specific enough to help with that, so I would be very grateful if you could provide me with some more details.
Thanks

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Try getting rid of a couple of the plugins, they always use quite high resources.

What plugins are you using?

~Callum

all4God

Reaction score
AddToThis
Akismet
All in One SEO Pack
cforms
Custom Query String Reloaded
DISQUS Comment System
Draft Notification
Email Users
Email Users
Google Analyticator
Google XML Sitemaps
Grooveshark for Wordpress
List Authors Widget
MiniMeta Widget
My Page Order
Pendig Reviews Dashboard Widget
Quote Rotator
Sniplets
TanTanNoodles Simple Spam Filter
The Holy Scripturizer
Tui's Author Intro For Posts
Wordpress Google Analytics Reports
WP-Polls
WP-Sticky
WP Paypal Donate Widget R2.0
WPtouch iPhone Theme

Any thoughts on any of these that are likely to be resource intense? Also, did have Post-Plugin Library and Similar Posts active but have just deactivated them as I think they are quite resource heavy

mattblog

Reaction score
Yes that is alot of plugins that could effect the servers and the loading time of your website. I suggest deleting half of those. You dont have to as deleting less than half would stop the error but i suggest it regardless due to loading speed.

One alternative to WP Paypal Donate is to make a widget on the side of your webpage in the content sidebar, make it text and html, take the paypal donate button or html they gave you and insert it into that widget. If they didnt give you one (i dont know i dont use paypal for donations) then you can take the donate image from the widget wp paypal and just take that image, host it on your website. Get the coding for that image to paste into the widget you are going to put on the side bar and then hyperlink that image to your paypal donate page.

I recently posted a post about thi error. Ill quote it here.

The reason you are being suspended is because you are using a high amount of memory in one time. What im trying to say here is that every time you go to your website or someone else goes to your website, the website tried to load all the data. If you have too much data what will happen is the x10 server will not be able to handle this. These restrictions are so that no body doesnt try to crash the servers. If everyone had high amount of data going at same time like you, it would crash the servers. Its not your fault and the program you are using. If there is a plugins or addons on that system they may be taking too much memory. Therefore every time someone tried to go to access your website, it runes those files and you get suspended. If you upgrade to the paid version of these servers the resources are a lot higher and you would most likely have this program. For the next time you get unsuspended, i suggest you go to your CPANEL and not your Website. Delete any unneccesary plugins or addons and make sure that not too much memory is being held. I suggest backing up your x10hosting account files just incase. Basically, try to remove as many plugins or addons if there is any. Normal content would not do this type of thing as content is loaded invidually, plugins are loaded all together. After deleting innessesary files, you should not have this problem

Thanks
Matt,

all4God

Reaction score
Well i disabled a lot of the plugins and it did delay my next suspension, but it has still been resuspended, and at this point all the plugins I have running are what I would consider essential. It is a shame that this has suddenly become an issue after several years of successful hosting on x10, but unless there is some sort of guarantee of server fixes to this issue I guess it is time for me to find a new host or else pay up for premium. Can anyone tell me how my google stats would be affected if I went premium (i have my own domain if that affects things) - and will all my site settings get migrated over or will I have to swet everything up, configure everything again?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Well i disabled a lot of the plugins and it did delay my next suspension, but it has still been resuspended, and at this point all the plugins I have running are what I would consider essential. It is a shame that this has suddenly become an issue after several years of successful hosting on x10, but unless there is some sort of guarantee of server fixes to this issue I guess it is time for me to find a new host or else pay up for premium. Can anyone tell me how my google stats would be affected if I went premium (i have my own domain if that affects things) - and will all my site settings get migrated over or will I have to swet everything up, configure everything again?

If you buy premium? It'll be moved over automatically (when you post here asking someone too, so not actually that automatic). Don't feel you have to upgrade, I think this should be back to normal soon.

~Callum

all4God

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'll ride it out and hope things improve then before resorting to paid hosting

mattblog

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'll ride it out and hope things improve then before resorting to paid hosting

Thanks for all your patience, x10hosting is dealing with many issues with cpanel and your patience is very appreciated.

all4God

Reaction score
Any idea of an ETA as to when this issue will be sorted? As it is having a major impact on my site now that it has drawn out for several days, it is very frustrating when you build up a site only for unreliability problems to destroy things. And from Tuesday I will be out of the country for several months and will be unable to regularly go in and unsuspend my account, so if things aren't going to be back to normal by then I need to make backup plans like paid hostage

Last edited:

mattblog

Reaction score
Any idea of an ETA as to when this issue will be sorted? As it is having a major impact on my site now that it has drawn out for several days, it is very frustrating when you build up a site only for unreliability problems to destroy things. And from Tuesday I will be out of the country for several months and will be unable to regularly go in and unsuspend my account, so if things aren't going to be back to normal by then I need to make backup plans like paid hostage

Backup plans would be good even if you are not having this problem. Did you delete all neccessary plugins and addons?

justincm

Prime Account
Reaction score
i found using flv files on the free hosting got me suspended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.