High Resource Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackloga

Reaction score
My site has been disabled due to high resource usage. Can someone help me understand how to fix this? It is a Wordpress site but the site has been updated to the latest version of Wordpress. There are only two plugins running on the site and one of them is Akismet. There are only two user accounts. Going down the list of possible reasons for getting this suspension, none of them seem to apply here. And reviewing my resource usage in Cpanel, it shows 0% CPU usage.

Each time it comes back at the top of the hour, I try to quickly get in and make adjustments but then it is shut down again within about 10 minutes. If you can help me pinpoint the issue, I would very much like to get it sorted out. Thanks.

phase49x

Reaction score
Word press is a total resource hog. There is a setting which will reduce the amount of resources used, but it only cuts it down by about 25% Bare in mind that even with this ticked on your still going to be using about 3 times what most shared hosts consider a reasonable amount of CPU. I would strongly recommend that if you plan on using this software that you do so on a VPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.