High System Resource Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonetrooper9494

Reaction score
My account was suspended for high system resource usage, so I unsuspended my account and everything's ok now. The real problem is that I have experienced this a few times in the past too. I am just wondering, what is the limit? Is it execution time, memory? I have a script that looks through a bunch of files, and want it to stop if it gets close to the limit what ever it may be. Would some one mind telling me what the resource usage limit is?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
My account was suspended for high system resource usage, so I unsuspended my account and everything's ok now. The real problem is that I have experienced this a few times in the past too. I am just wondering, what is the limit? Is it execution time, memory? I have a script that looks through a bunch of files, and want it to stop if it gets close to the limit what ever it may be. Would some one mind telling me what the resource usage limit is?

Hi clonetrooper9494,

The high resource usage means prolonged usage of processor, RAM then the server automatically suspends account to balance the load.

For 1st and 2nd resource usage suspensions can be unsuspended by yourself in account panel. For 3rd the staff only can unsuspend.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Byron's Post

Here are the guidelines which result in high system resource suspensions on our free hosting systems.
25% CPU
5% memory (eg 400 MB)
240 seconds of CPU time per hour
20 concurrent processes executing
If a user exceeds any of these limits for longer than 60 seconds, they will have a suspension applied to their account.

clonetrooper9494

Reaction score
Ahh, I see, so I could limit maybe 10 files to be computed, wait a few minutes, and continue.
Thank you!

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Spacing out big jobs is a good idea if you are in a shared environment.

But I would also check the script to see if there are memory leaks that can be plugged or optimizations that can be applied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.