high system resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemorriss82

Reaction score
Hello,

The past few days it seems like everything I do I get suspended for high system resource usage. Today I have tried to activate some modules for a Drupal Calendar and it has suspended me every time I have tried. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this network related or do I just keep unsuspending and retrying? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy;
You may want to take a look at This Article regarding high resource usage.
These types of problems are frequently caused by certain resource intensive plugins / add-ons / modules.

wemorriss82

Reaction score
I had read that, but I figured that since I have only installed a contact form and a gallery (which has only one image in it so far), and now just 'trying' to active a calendar, that this little amount would not cause a suspension. Sadly, I'm starting to think that this 'test drive' won't result in any 'purchase'....

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Well if the calendar is causing the suspensions, then it's most likely not using only a small amount of resources. You might want to recheck that script if you made it or check with the creators of the script to find out why it's doing this.

The servers for free hosting have an entirely different setup than Illuminated and Premium hosting. Using free hosting as a 'test drive', therefore, will only give you an incorrect view of x10hosting paid hosting packages.

wemorriss82

Reaction score
The problem is that I cannot even access the modules section of the Drupal 6 CMS in order to try to activate the Drupal Calendar Module. I'm suspended just trying to get to it...lol. It's not even activated yet. Most people who take cars for a test drive won't buy a similar model with more options if the base model sputters or breaks down during the test drive. I'm glad GM learned that lesson. I wish everyone else would. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.