High system resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickmanx262

Reaction score
The monitor for this thing has got to be broken. My website is constantly suspended for this, and I have no CPU heavy scripts on my site, the most complex script I have is Simple Machines forum software. I noticed another thread saying that after the third suspension, I would finally get a detailed report, but that's completely backwards. If there's a problem, I need to know how to fix it, not guess and assume there's nothing wrong.

How can I go about knowing what's causing this?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

You got suspended from the page yourdomain/Sprites/backgrounds/index.php?a=lyrea&da=Lyrea

The following repeats over and over and over again in your error log (username redacted for security reasons):
[03-Aug-2011 22:04:53] PHP Warning: feof() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/redacted/public_html/Sprites/backgrounds/index.php on line 57
[03-Aug-2011 22:04:53] PHP Warning: fgets() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/redacted/public_html/Sprites/backgrounds/index.php on line 61
[03-Aug-2011 22:04:53] PHP Warning: fgets() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/redacted/public_html/Sprites/backgrounds/index.php on line 62

Fixing that script error should hopefully fix the High Resource Usage suspensions, since currently it looks like it is creating an infinite loop at line 57.

Also, can you erase your error_log file? While it isn't causing suspensions it IS pretty massive (800 MB!)

Last edited:

quickmanx262

Reaction score
It happened again, even though I completely removed the file causing the error from the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.