Step-by-step Instructions

1 - Login to your cPanel

2 - Open File Manager

mszq4i.jpg

3 - Click on your /home/your_cpanel_name on the upper left

55gnyh.jpg

4 - Select the public_html file from the right side and click “Compress

2wokg1l.jpg

5 - The Compress window will open. Select your compression type (in this case Zip Archive) and click the button Compress File(s)

aepd0w.jpg

6 - After a few seconds, you will see the Compression Results window. If you have many files, at the end of the list it will say “Output Truncated by browser” but don’t worry about this, just close this window.

7 - Go through the list of your files and select the public_html.zip file just created and then Download to your computer. That’s it!

2uj4jyv.jpg

Please note that this download does not include your databases.

Kudos to garrettroyce for reminding me about this feature.

wjh2303

Reaction score
worth noting that you will need enough space in your quote to create the file. So if you are already bouncing off your limit, this aint the best way to do it. The alternative that springs to mind is to download the lot with an FTP client then compress it yourself with your archiver of choice

lair360

Reaction score
worth noting that you will need enough space in your quote to create the file. So if you are already bouncing off your limit, this aint the best way to do it. The alternative that springs to mind is to download the lot with an FTP client then compress it yourself with your archiver of choice

Tuff luck for free users....

That is why I am sticking with my Pickaweb (paid) hosting for only 65 pounds /year.:lol:

nirajkum

Reaction score
I guess you want to backup your whole site .... Cpanel provide a way to backup your whole site ... please check the option for backup

Last edited: