homosexuality ?

dhruv227

Reaction score
here's a topic to discuss about, what are your opinions on homosexuality, do u approve it or want it banned at any cost or what, what do u think about it, i see it's one of the most talked about topics all over.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Why should I care about what two consenting adults do in private? None of my business.

The only time I am interested in the sexual tastes of a person is if I wish to have sex with said person.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't mind homosexuality, although I wouldn't say I support it (not in that way..)

I really hate it when people call people "gay" as a term of abuse. It's not even insulting, except to homosexuals, and what have they done?

I must admit, if a saw two men kissing in the street I would find it worse than a man and a woman.

~Callum

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Alex Mac: I agree with you on that... two men kissing in the street is just odd. But that's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. I don't see how it's genetic (and find that the way people put a lot of 'choices' down to genetics is just a way of trying to dumb down the brain or avoid responsibility for ones actions... "I didn't mean to shoot that guy, it's in my genes!")

Being intimate with a guy isn't my cup of tea, either.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
When two males or two females get married, what happens to their last names? In normal culture, females take on the last names of the males, but how do they determine which last name to use if both are males or both are females? Do they even change their last names at all?

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Married heterosexuals aren't obligated to do any name changing, either. Does it really matter what the homosexual ones choose to do?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think nothing bad of homosexuality and support monogamous homosexual relationships completely. I do believe it is not a persons choice of which gender they're attracted to. If you're straight, you can't wake up day and say "I'm going to be attracted to the same sex today!" Same way for a homosexual person.

I really hate it when people call people "gay" as a term of abuse. It's not even insulting, except to homosexuals, and what have they done?

I must admit, if a saw two men kissing in the street I would find it worse than a man and a woman.

~Callum

I also hate it when they use "gay" as "stupid" or "dumb." Exactly. What have they done wrong? It was accepted up until the late 1500s and is still accepted in European society.

Why would you find it worse? Because it's not normality or conforming to society's standards?

Alex Mac: I agree with you on that... two men kissing in the street is just odd. But that's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. I don't see how it's genetic (and find that the way people put a lot of 'choices' down to genetics is just a way of trying to dumb down the brain or avoid responsibility for ones actions... "I didn't mean to shoot that guy, it's in my genes!")

Being intimate with a guy isn't my cup of tea, either.

Why is it odd? Because it's not normal? It is genetic or a result of early age environment. Can you wake up tomorrow and say you're gay and truly feel attracted to the same sex? No.

Married heterosexuals aren't obligated to do any name changing, either. Does it really matter what the homosexual ones choose to do?
Precisely. Why is it anybody's business?

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
I don't have any real dislike for it. While i don't like it when guys hit on me, they give nice shoulder massages when they try.

last year when i was in high school, 2 guys hit on me at different times in the year, both walked up and just started massaging my shoulder, i politely hinted that i didn't swing that way(yes they admitted they were gay and wondered if i was) the school was known for having an open mind,of sorts. never knew a homosexual or bi person before i went to school there, then when i left, i knew 7 homosexual guys and 8 bi guys/chicks

Last edited:

Tariqul Islam

Reaction score
It is the worst thing in the world. Please just think that when the beast in the earth even does not use HOMOSEXUAL application, why we, the great HUMAN being? It's a sign of madness I think.

fractalfeline

Reaction score
It is the worst thing in the world. Please just think that when the beast in the earth even does not use HOMOSEXUAL application, why we, the great HUMAN being? It's a sign of madness I think.

Actually, that's not quite true. Male komodo dragons have been known to use mating behavior towards other male komodo dragons. There's an entire lizard species on one Pacific island that is entirely female, and have adapted their mating such that they do not need males to reproduce. Rats, when kept in very close quarters in high numbers, will exhibit homosexual behavior towards each other.

On a related note: don't fool yourself about masturbating either. If you've ever had your leg humped by a dog, you know it's not a uniquely human trait. There have been documented cases of porcupines using sticks as dildos.

The animal world is truly fascinating :)

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Animals do too have homosexual relationships. How would something such as sexual orientation imply madness? That makes no sense whatsoever.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Animals do too have homosexual relationships. How would something such as sexual orientation imply madness? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Are you sure that animals also have homosexual relationships? Dolphins are the only other creature besides humans that participate in sexual activity for entertainment and pleasure; all other animals only engage in sexual activity to reproduce. Seeing as a homosexual relationship cannot yield reproduction, I find it hard to believe that all other animals have homosexual relationships as well.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you sure that animals also have homosexual relationships? Dolphins are the only other creature besides humans that participate in sexual activity for entertainment and pleasure; all other animals only engage in sexual activity to reproduce. Seeing as a homosexual relationship cannot yield reproduction, I find it hard to believe that all other animals have homosexual relationships as well.

Rats, when in large numbers will engage in homosexual acts. Who's to say that sex is meant for reproduction and reproduction only? I find it hard to believe that animals only engage in sexual acts for reproduction because, they do, in fact have a "climax." Isn't that what humans are after?

I know you didn't say this but some people will say sex is only meant for reproduction with any being. If that's the case, that makes condoms, birth control, and various sexual acts immoral.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I actually did some research this time, and according to the legendary, godly, always-right Wikipedia, the "animals do not engage in sexual activity for pleasure" is seemingly a myth.

It is a common myth that animals do not (as a rule) have sex for pleasure, or alternatively that humans, pigs (and perhaps cats, dolphins and one or two species of primate) are the only species which do. This is sometimes formulated "animals mate only for reproduction".

Animals put themselves at risk to engage in sex, and as a result, most species have evolved sexual signals (usually scent and behaviour) to indicate the presence of receptive periods. During these, sex is sought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sexual_behaviour#Sex_for_pleasure

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Rats, when in large numbers will engage in homosexual acts. Who's to say that sex is meant for reproduction and reproduction only? I find it hard to believe that animals only engage in sexual acts for reproduction because, they do, in fact have a "climax." Isn't that what humans are after?

I know you didn't say this but some people will say sex is only meant for reproduction with any being. If that's the case, that makes condoms, birth control, and various sexual acts immoral.

There are various groups who agree with you, there.

Thing is, I don't get why if I say something like "two guys kissing is odd", an opinion I am entitled to, I get a comment back saying words to the effect of "No it's not, you're odd"... It's as though common belief overrules personal belief, that everyone must follow the trend and be a sheep, and that is not right.

Why is it odd? Because it's not normal? It is genetic or a result of early age environment. Can you wake up tomorrow and say you're gay and truly feel attracted to the same sex? No.

Can you wake up tomorrow and say you suddenly hate chocolate? What about waking up tomorrow and suddenly liking rap? Where does this implication that it must be genetic because if it wasn't, it's a decision that happens overnight, and you must 'wake up' and suddenly be gay? Mental changes don't always happen overnight. It's like saying that your taste in music has never 'morphed' over time, that your taste in food has never changed, and that what you consider to be fashionable has remained the same. It's a VERY flawed argument. Please stop using it. (you're not the only one)

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
How then, would you say it's a choice? Why would somebody choose to be in a minority and hated, and go through the things they have to go through? For example, if I were gay, I would never be able to tell my parents, they're so against it... :/

Can you wake up tomorrow and say you suddenly hate chocolate? What about waking up tomorrow and suddenly liking rap? Where does this implication that it must be genetic because if it wasn't, it's a decision that happens overnight, and you must 'wake up' and suddenly be gay? Mental changes don't always happen overnight. It's like saying that your taste in music has never 'morphed' over time, that your taste in food has never changed, and that what you consider to be fashionable has remained the same. It's a VERY flawed argument. Please stop using it. (you're not the only one)

Studies have shown that men who are homosexual have higher levels of estrogen in their brain. That would definitely be a biological factor.

There are various groups who agree with you, there.

Thing is, I don't get why if I say something like "two guys kissing is odd", an opinion I am entitled to, I get a comment back saying words to the effect of "No it's not, you're odd"...
I never said you were odd. I asked you why you believe it's odd. Yes, you're certainly entitled to your opinion as I'm entitled to mine.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
What about waking up tomorrow and suddenly liking rap?

I did that once. Not with Rap, but it was related to a dream. Anyway moving on...

I don't think it's that odd, except for odd as in out of the norm. I object to anyone kissing in the street, gay or not. But I'm 14, so that might explain why.

~Callum

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I did that once. Not with Rap, but it was related to a dream. Anyway moving on...

I don't think it's that odd, except for odd as in out of the norm. I object to anyone kissing in the street, gay or not. But I'm 14, so that might explain why.

~Callum

I also believe public display of affection should be kept to a minimum in gay or straight relationships. Love is not about making every thing you do public.

Yes, it would be out of societal norms, but I would also argue there is much more of it than we notice.

Bringing more up... Often, in America anyway, a person's sexual orientation defines their entire social being. Why do you believe this is? Is sexuality really something which decides if somebody is good or bad?

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Short answer, no.

I imagine there is, but I can't say I've ever really looked for it :)

~Callum

fractalfeline

Reaction score
I also believe public display of affection should be kept to a minimum in gay or straight relationships. Love is not about making every thing you do public.

Yes, it would be out of societal norms, but I would also argue there is much more of it than we notice.

Bringing more up... Often, in America anyway, a person's sexual orientation defines their entire social being. Why do you believe this is? Is sexuality really something which decides if somebody is good or bad?

Agreed re: Public Displays of Affection. Yeah, a peck or two isn't bad, holding hands is ok, but please, I don't want to see ANYONE making out in public. Thanks. Groping, slurping sounds... gag...

I've always had a theory about flaming in society. Granted, I think "straight" people in general would be a lot happier with the gay community if they were seen as basically normal people who just happen to have a same sex partner. The major problem, I think, is that the only people who straight people see around them as "gay" are people who are such over-the-top flamers that being homosexual is equated with that gay stereotype image. Even straight men who are little more in touch with their emotions and feelings, or straight woman who are tomboys and like sports, are seen as "gay" when truly they aren't. "Gay" has become an insult meaning "you aren't masculine enough," or for women, "you're not feminine enough." This insult gets perpetuated by legitimate gay people who are unsure about how to seek out someone who is the same orientation as they are. If you are a straight guy, and a gay guy walks up to you and asks you out, wouldn't you think they are calling you less masculine somehow? It also gets perpetuated by, for example, a straight man asking a woman out. If she declines, rather than let the ego get bruised, it's easy to think the woman must be a lesbian or something.

Oddly enough, flaming is both the answer and the root of the problem. Well how will you know if a man is gay or not? If he's flaming so much, with the lisp, and the impecable fashion sense, the good manicure, the mannerisms, it's obvious that he's trying, desperately, to show the world how gay he is. Because truly, we're all human, and no one wants to be alone. Not really. So in order to avoid the social faux pas of asking a guy out and more often than not, he's straight... well make it SO obvious how gay you are, that other gay men will not be afraid to pursue you.

The other alternative is forums for people to meet where they KNOW that the others there are gay. Places like gay bars (that are explicitly known as such, I know quite a few people who have walked into a bar thinking it was a regular bar and walking out with Quite An Experience To Relate), gay/lesbian dating websites, gay/lesbian conventions, and the like. Unfortunately, that's far from the ideal way of meeting people... if you are a lesbian, and you see a woman with a nice ass at the museum, looking at the same painting that you like, and you strike up a conversation, how will you know she's the same orientation as you? What's the polite way of bringing the subject up?

It would be nice if society as a whole could break the stigma on homosexuality and the gay stereotype, and be able to come up with a way of politely inquiring about someone's orientation, and similarly, to politely answer the question honestly without feeling like their gender is being questioned. This will take some time, and unfortunately that's just the way the ball bounces.