Host Control Panel username/password vs. x10hosting.com username/password: blacklisted IP

mddiesso

Reaction score
When I log in to x10hosting.com I use an email address and password for x10hosting (which I was forced to change a few months ago).
Then when I want to actually look at my files using the Host Control Panel, I need to log in again
Q1: Why must I log in again? I failed to enter either the username/email and/or password correctly, and so the IP was blacklisted.

Q2: How do I get removed from the blacklist? The "instructions" said to log on to my server using root access (or some such words), but if I could do that I probably wouldn't be having the problem in the first place. I use a Public Library computer bank to log in, so I don't actually know my IP address.
Q3: Is anyone who tries to log in using the Public Library's computer bank now blacklisted as well?

Q4: is the username for the Host Control Panel different from the x10hosting.com username, i.e, an email address? Or just a username? Or something else?
Q5: Is the password for the Host Control Panel the old x10hosting.com password or the new one? Or something else completely? I attempted to try various combinations, but was blacklisted before I hit the correct combination.

Q6: How do I start all over? Should I just let the x10hosting account go dormant, get suspended, and then get deleted, and create a whole new identity and upload my website files all over again?

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Q1: Why must I log in again? I failed to enter either the username/email and/or password correctly, and so the IP was blacklisted.
I am unsure what you mean by this question. When you enter your x10hosting panel : https://x10hosting.com/panel you can simply click "Hosting Control Panel" which will take you to DirectAdmin where you can enter your file manager etc. I am unsure what you mean by login again?

Q2: How do I get removed from the blacklist? The "instructions" said to log on to my server using root access (or some such words), but if I could do that I probably wouldn't be having the problem in the first place. I use a Public Library computer bank to log in, so I don't actually know my IP address.
This is something we would have to do for you.

Q3: Is anyone who tries to log in using the Public Library's computer bank now blacklisted as well?
Yes.

Q4: is the username for the Host Control Panel different from the x10hosting.com username, i.e, an email address? Or just a username? Or something else?

This is different. You can change this password by clicking on your service name in your x10hosting panel and clicking change password. The username for this is found in your profile section. Please note if you bypass our panel and attempt to login directly using this your activity will not be logged.

Q5: Is the password for the Host Control Panel the old x10hosting.com password or the new one? Or something else completely? I attempted to try various combinations, but was blacklisted before I hit the correct combination.

It is different. You will need to do a password reset if you do not know your password as mentioned before.

Q6: How do I start all over? Should I just let the x10hosting account go dormant, get suspended, and then get deleted, and create a whole new identity and upload my website files all over again?

Is there a reason you want to start over? We can reset your account for you upon request.

mddiesso

Reaction score
In reply to Answer1:
In the past, I logged in to www.x10hosting.com, then got to my dashboard, then pressed the green Host Control Panel button and was led to my files, via FileManager.

Ever since "the change" where I had to create a new password (which I dutifully did), when I press the green button, I am asked to enter a username and password (again). I thought this was odd, but I assumed it was a new security measure.

And that's when I encountered the invalid credentials messages which, in turn, led to the blacklisted IP address.

Would you please remove my IP address from the blacklist?

Thanks for your answers and support.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In reply to Answer1:
In the past, I logged in to www.x10hosting.com, then got to my dashboard, then pressed the green Host Control Panel button and was led to my files, via FileManager.

Ever since "the change" where I had to create a new password (which I dutifully did), when I press the green button, I am asked to enter a username and password (again). I thought this was odd, but I assumed it was a new security measure.

And that's when I encountered the invalid credentials messages which, in turn, led to the blacklisted IP address.

I will ask @Anna to look at this for you. I believe this may be due to a mismatched login token / key.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
In reply to Answer1:

Can you please try clearing cookies (specifically x10 related) and the browser cache and then log back into the panel and try again?

mddiesso

Reaction score
The problem is solved, in a way.
First, thanks to whomever removed me from the blacklisted ip list.

Second, after I log in to x10hosting.com I see the "dashboard". On the dashboard there is a GREEN Host Control Panel button. If I press this, I am asked to log in again, and the troubles begin. If, however, I press the small green user-services button (it displays my name and domain), then I see a BLUE Host Control Panel button. Pressing the BLUE button leads to File Manager and access to my files, just like in the old days.

I now am careful to press the BLUE button, and not the GREEN button. So, success, sort of.

I don't know what the different codes behind the scenes do, but I have something that works.

I was also assuming that some security protocol on the computer bank I use to log in was the cause, due to some "token" not being created properly. The GREEN button seems to do something different from the BLUE button.

Thanks for the replies and help.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Both buttons should do the same, they do on my account at least.

I'll relay this to the dev team though to look at.

faustoabreu

Reaction score
Vou pedir a @Anna que analise isso para você. Acredito que isso possa ser devido a um token/chave de login incompatível.
Olá, como vai? como faço para remover meu ip da lista negra? algum tempo de inatividade (com página aberta no painel) tentei logar mas me deparei com esse mesmo problema
Você pode me ajudar por favor?