Host crash caused loss of data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr softie

Reaction score
Hey.

I've been working on a forum (phpbb3), and today I noticed that 3 posts have gone missing. I've checked Admin/Mod/User logs and found nothing to say anything was deleted.

A friend and admin of a forum told me that it could have been a host crash, and caused it to revert to an earlier backup?

I had posted some very important threads, I no longer have them, why? :dunno:

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, both of you are on the Stoli server which is under maintenance (you can see what is going on by checking the Server Alerts). That might have something to do with the slight loss of your data.

eternal1

Reaction score
I'm on lotus, and my SMF SQLite db is reported full. When I login to cpanel all I see is a blank white page. so I cannot check any info either.
Is Lotus under maintenance also ?

mr softie

Reaction score
Probably, I think it said they're doing Stoli first and then the others.. So you're probably just experiencing similar problems to us.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Ah I see, cheers. Will I get my data back?

Well, you never know with maintenance. There is always the possibility it'll just poof itself right back. As for what is going on with Lotus, things seem to be fine on my end using MySQL.

muihtil

Reaction score
now I am in doubt whether to retrieve the data myself by hand, or expect to return alone

mr softie

Reaction score
If we had been warned properly before they did this I could have made a backup of my forum so I didn't loose these threads.

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait and see if it comes back or not.. or I'll be like this: :rant2:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

mr softie

Reaction score
DATA IS BACK! WOO!!! :biggrin:

But please give more warning (like an email) if you're going to do this. Then we can offer warnings to our users. Cheers.

muihtil

Reaction score
data is back, but now i loss yesterday work... jajaja..

no problem.. it is not so bad

thank guys

Status
Not open for further replies.