Hosting account dissappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebrig

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a website designer, and I had chosen x10hosting as the solution for a client who was unwilling to invest money into hosting, however, my client has informed me her website has gone offline. the website doesn't even return a suspended page, but it's just gone. So, dissappointed at the result of this, I chose to login to the control panel to retrieve the files and move to another host. When logging into my account, it asks me to link my forum account, and I entered my cpanel account and clicked link and it says it's unavailable. Could an admin please assist me into gaining access, or alternatively assist me in retrieving my clients website files. Thanks,

Daniel

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
Hi there! Your client should of logged into the forums bi-weekly at least, so it's possible that his website was deleted. But also you should be entering your forums username, as it asks :p

Cyclone103

Reaction score
I would have saved the files locally or on an external hard drive, instead of just leaving them on the site.

Are you sure you do not have any backups?

ebrig

Reaction score
A local copy from a few months back remains on my hardrive, however over those few months the client had personalised her website furthermore, at this point I hadn't kept a local copy as she made these changes on the server.

Daniel

Cyclone103

Reaction score
What are you using to create your website? If you are coding the whole thing in Dreamweaver, you will never have backup issues.

They have a cool feature built in where it will automatically update both copies of the website if any changes are made on either the remote server or locally, so long as those changes do not include deletion of the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.