Hosting Account Space Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanuess77776

Reaction score
Hello

could you upgrade my account, please?
I need a lot of geo data to make my site work and have no space left.
Pics on my site are usually GNU-licensed or private uploads, so no copyright infringement takes place.

Thank you

hanuess77776

Reaction score
Any "private uploads" may be in violation of the file hosting sections of the TOS. I advise that you go re-read it. http://x10hosting.com/terms

I understand you want to be careful but i think you didn't understand what i meant. Perhaps native english speakers take the word "private" as "warez" or so, i dont know... i meant "private uploads" in terms of: Pictures which users have taken with their own cameras and which they want to share with others... (similar to flickr.com or www.nature-photography-central.com)
The site works like a gallery where people can upload images of e.g. their travels, cities, landscapes. Their OWN images of e.g. a beach, hills, views of New York etc.
Besides there are GNU-licensed files which can be copied and distributed, e.g. which you can find on wikipedia.org, as you can see on the site. I carefully dealt with copyright infringement of pictures and i myself am not interested to get sued ;-)
But anyway... at the moment the site isnt promoted and i use the web space to test and develop...

Thanks

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
No. I assumed private uploads as your personal files from your own computer that has nothing do with your site and doesn't have to be illegal. Thanks for the clarification. But remember that the file hosting sections of the TOS doesn't have to do with illegal files either. What you've described is a file hosting site, though. Here are the relevant sections of the TOS outlining that it's not allowed:

* File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.

1. Server Usage

Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads. x10Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone. Each individual is allowed ONE account only. x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers.

* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

* Personal Image\Video Galleries: Personal galleries are limited to 1GB of disk space for images and videos.

It doesn't matter that you can copy and distribute the pictures. Hosting third-party content in this manner doesn't have to be illegal, but it's still a violation of x10hosting's Free Hosting TOS that you had agreed to when you signed up for an account.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If you want to delete your account, then please fill this form out in its entirety and then reply back with it here:

cPanel username:

( ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.