Hosting and Forum user ID confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarameda

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me straighten out some confusion over User ID's. I want avoid trying to delete the current accounts and starting over if I can.

I signed up for an x10hosting account using username of "<name I wanted>", but I cannot seem to login with that user ID and have to use my email address instead. I then found out the system seemed to assign me a forum username using the first part of my email plus two numbers.

I see I can synchronize the two log ons (nice feature!), but that would require me to use my actual name on the forum (first part of my email).

So... Is there a way to get this changed so I can log in with "<name I wanted>" both on the x10hosting site as well as the Forum?? Any help really appreciated.

By the way... awesome hosting service!

(sorry for not providing actual 8 digit username as forum suggests I don't use specifics)....

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me straighten out some confusion over User ID's. I want avoid trying to delete the current accounts and starting over if I can.

I signed up for an x10hosting account using username of "jarame", but I cannot seem to login with that user ID and have to use "~~~~~~~~(Removed on request)" (my email address). I then found out the system seemed to assign me a forum username of "mike.adler79".

I see I can synchronize the two logons (nice feature!), but that would require me to use "mike.adler79" which I don't want as the visible name on the forum.

So... Is there a way to get this changed so I can log in with "jarame" both on the x10hosting site as well as the Forum?? Any help really appreciated.

By the way... awesome hosting service!

Check this Thread. http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/159566-forum-name-change-part-2-a.html

Last edited:

jarameda

Reaction score

Thank you so much Gouri! I will check that out (big help). Really appreciate how quickly you got back.

Do you also know how to change the Web Hosting login to be a username and not my email address? Or is this not possible? Just trying to get them both to match (and I don't think the Forum can use my entire email address as a log in)...?

One additional question form a newbie - how can a get me email off this thread? :)

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you so much Gouri! I will check that out (big help). Really appreciate how quickly you got back.

Do you also know how to change the Web Hosting login to be a username and not my email address? Or is this not possible? Just trying to get them both to match (and I don't think the Forum can use my entire email address as a log in)...?

One additional question form a newbie - how can a get me email off this thread? :)

Actually it will accept your forum username / cpanel username/ mail at the place of Account Panel.

jarameda

Reaction score
Actually it will accept your forum username / cpanel username/ mail at the place of Account Panel.

Thanks Gouri. I will try again on on account panel. Really appreciate your assistance.

By the way, can you edit your quoted response to me to remove my email address? I tried to edit after posting but you responded way too quick!! :-0)

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Thanks Gouri. I will try again on on account panel. Really appreciate your assistance.

By the way, can you edit your quoted response to me to remove my email address? I tried to edit after posting but you responded way too quick!! :-0)

Gouri - you really rock! Thanks for helping a newbie fumble through....

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Gouri's reply was incorrect -- the account panel at https://x10hosting.com/control will ONLY accept your email address to log in with. There is no way to change this (although you can change what email address is associated with your account). Also, it is impossible to rename your cpanel account, although this username is not visible anywhere so it shouldn't matter anyway.

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Gouri's reply was incorrect -- the account panel at https://x10hosting.com/control will ONLY accept your email address to log in with. There is no way to change this (although you can change what email address is associated with your account). Also, it is impossible to rename your cpanel account, although this username is not visible anywhere so it shouldn't matter anyway.

Hey, Thanks for correcting....

jarameda

Reaction score

Thanks Skizzerz. That is what I found so far. Only my email address works. I guess I cannot get account panel and forum to match. That is ok... I will just use the script Gouri suggested (http://x10hosting.com/forums/changeuser.php) to change forum username and live with that.

Odd thing is... I am now confused what the "Swap x10Hosting Forum Account Link" found under Account/Forum Account actually does.

Swap x10Hosting Forum Account Link
You may attach an existing x10Hosting forum account to your client account using the below form. Every x10Hosting forum account is attached to a client account, and this form allows that attachment to be altered between two client accounts. Please take note that this will remove the forum account specified from any other client accounts, that specified forum account with be linked to this client account, and this will result in the contact email address of this account modified to match that of the forum account.
I guess it links Forum and Host accounts, but that actually has nothing to do with the host account login (which is still email address). Does that sound about right?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks Skizzerz. That is what I found so far. Only my email address works. I guess I cannot get account panel and forum to match. That is ok... I will just use the script Gouri suggested (http://x10hosting.com/forums/changeuser.php) to change forum username and live with that.

Odd thing is... I am now confused what the "Swap x10Hosting Forum Account Link" found under Account/Forum Account actually does.

I guess it links Forum and Host accounts, but that actually has nothing to do with the host account login (which is still email address). Does that sound about right?

yes It links the forum and hosting accounts which are unlinked, You can read more about it here--> How to Relink Your Hosting and Forum Accounts

And yes, the Account panel login is still email only.

Last edited:

jarameda

Reaction score
yes It links the forum and hosting accounts which are unlinked, You can read more about it here--> How to Relink Your Hosting and Forum Accounts

And yes, the Account panel login is still email only.

Thanks All! I am now back to jarameda and happy as a clam. I am really impressed with all the help and happy I switched over to x10hosting. Just awesome. Wish I could provide some virtual beer! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.