Hosting my subdomain with x10hosting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlejumbo

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I would like to host the subdomain of my own domain from godaddy at x10hosting. However, since I have already created a lot of subdomains and created contents with blogger. I do not wish to change Name server of my domain to x10hosting. Instead, I would like to point my subdomain to x10hosting. Unlike, 1and1, godaddy does not allow me to change name server for each subdomain. They suggest me to create A record and point to x10hosting IP. I'm not very sure where can I get that IP for A record and after I create my A record, what else I need to do to host on my existing x10 account?

Please try to be as specific as possible since I am super super new to this DNS and hosting thing. Therefore, please be patient when giving me advice. For your information, my x10 account is littlejumbo and my domain was www.littlejumbo.co.cc. Thanks in advance for your kind help and investing your precious time.

Kevin:lockd:;)

Scott

Reaction score
Your servers IP can be retrieved in the AMP which can be accessed at: http://x10hosting.com/account

I do not recommend you do this yet, We are setting up new servers as I speak, and the current accounts on the old servers will be moved to the new ones. The IP addresses will change, so you would just have to change it after the move.

littlejumbo

Reaction score
Thz for your suggestion, Scott! After I put the IP address in my Cname, what else should I do? May be I am wrong but is it what you call add-on domain or sth like that? If you could explain about the procedure more clearly, it would be very great. Thanks for your time and I will be waiting for the reply.

Kevin

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
If you want it to have its own folder for files add it as a addon domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.