Hosting scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Not on free at any rate; thehostingtool is designed for webhosting companies, which would clearly violate this part of the tos for free:

Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties.

Installing and utilizing such a script would result in an immediate and permanent suspension on free. As for premium and VPS, you'd have to check their respective TOS's via x10premium.com and x10vps.com.

zenon80983

Reaction score
Hmm that sucks. I was going to simply give free hosting..ok then. makes no sense on why that's not allowed but im not one to violate the TOS so i wont install it.

TY for the answer.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It'd be a lot like trying to run a Shopko in the middle of a Walmart. You'd be a 1:1 direct competition rival to x10hosting, using our own free hosting services as a springboard.

That part of the TOS also covers when members upload content to your site; you are held responsible for it. Since there's no second-chances for major violations like phishing on free hosting, you'd literally be 1 member away from an instant permanent no-unsuspension-possible suspension - that's not the best environment to try and run a hosting company in.

zenon80983

Reaction score
Yea *censored by livewire*

Anyway i wasn't aiming at competing with you guys i was thinking of even putting in whose hosting the site for it but since it would be a competition i wont bother.

It was mainly for like my website related where you can go to create your first website and then use my website (sites7coding.tk) to get help coding it and managing the site etc. but i found a good host for something like that. (*Removed*) no TOS! and i still have to figure it out.

They even give SSH! free. so ill have to make a domain for it and try it to see if it works and all and then that's where ill take it from.

I'm thinking of putting in whose hosting my website into the footer. Make a pic of x10hosting or something with a link redirecting to x10hosting cause i like this host the most.

I cant find a TOS anywhere so i guess there is non. Free and no limits. hmm wander how many illegal sites are being run there lol.
I am NOT switching hosts. just need one for this script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Had to remove the stuff advertising a rival, but one side note to make: the provider you've linked seems to not have been around that long. If I'm to trust their twitter feed they started 10/21/11, which isn't very long. My guess is they haven't got many accounts at the moment given how new they are.

zenon80983

Reaction score
Ah ok. i sorry for the rival info there. I didn't even check the twitter feed or anything like that.

Man i still managed to somehow find a site like that like wtf. I cant even get my website popular and i found a site created what 2-3days ago.

Man this really sucks.

Another problem with them is that there domain .tk subdomain on the accounts. dosnt load anything just an error that it couldnt find the server. Jeez they also need a better domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.