Hosting Suggestions

wc3garage82

Reaction score
Currently, I'm having a nice bond with my local server for testing some of my scripts and I added Memcached.

I suggest x10hosting can have Memcached (if it doesn't have 1).
If there's memcached already, well thats nice so i can use it on php scripts D:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Server-side caching plugin; to be honest I think we looked into it, but it might not be feasable when there's a few thousand accounts on the server. It'll be hard to effectively cache anything in memory when it'll have to keep clearing the cache to load a new user's page into it :(

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can still have a similar thing with out actually implementing for every user.
For example, T3 V2 framework for Joomla uses a cache on the server side of joomla but not the browser side.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Memcached is NOT feasible on Free Hosting (or even Premium for that matter) because it is lacks any form of security. That means any data that you put into the cache, other people can read provided they know the key you used (and such data could include stuff like user sessions, so that person could then go into your site and masquerade as another user or even an administrator!). In addition, if someone else tries to use the same key, your data will be overwritten, causing your site to behave oddly and possibly breaking a lot.