Hotmail always has problems connecting from other clients

hamsn

Reaction score
I used pidgin for multi chat, it doesn't connect to my hotmail account, except for some rare times.
Then outlook, it says cannot connect, I thought it was my mistake.

Then Mozilla ThunderBird, it says negative vibes from hotmail.com

and sometimes I can't even log in to it.

I think very few of you here might be using old hotmail, I wanted to shift, but all my mails come in hotmail box, and it does not give any forwarding options.

Any suggestions? Any Help?

Wolfhaze

Reaction score
I am not familiar with hotmail anymore, since I haven't used it in a couple years. I switched to gmail when it came it, and haven't ever had a problem with it. If you can't find any help, and are considering switching services, I'd recommend them instead of hotmail.

Of COURSE Google owns the planet.

hamsn

Reaction score
I have gmail and I have account in every, but I said I have Registered at many sites with hotmail, and my mail land in hotmail box, it also doesn't provide any mail forwarding options.

By the way, Hotmail is good, and now better, what I meant was it doesn't allow you to connect you through Desktop applications. I wanted help with that, like with Thunderbird, to connect and configure hotmail properly.

Wolfhaze

Reaction score
You could try to contact Hotmail, or search their site for help with setting it up with Outlook. I'm very certain that you can do it through POP3 access.

tittat

Reaction score
I think some proxy or firewall might be blocking you from connecting.Try to connect by disabling all firewall.Or add pidgin to your white list.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I think some proxy or firewall might be blocking you from connecting.Try to connect by disabling all firewall.Or add pidgin to your white list.
I agree, It has nothing to deal with your hotmail account or hotmail itself. It on the client side (you). I have been using Hotmail for 5-6 years now and not one problem has come up. If you are using your Outlook to recieve your Hotmail, then it may be your Outlook instead, but your firefox is having problems as well. So, it must be your computer's firewall, internet connection, modem, or internet service provider.

Last edited:

hamsn

Reaction score
I connect hotmail along with yahoo, gmail
they get connected, therefore there is no need of firewall word.
Its just simple that they are not completely compatible.