Hotmail Vs Yahoo Vs Gmail

What email do you use??

• Total voters

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I think it is a cross between Yahoo! and Gmail. I have used both, and Yahoo has a much better GUI. Gmail offers more features, like using MS Office with it and certain forwarding features. In the end, Gmail won.

wongers

Reaction score
ooo, you see that, Hotmail now has 3 votes, totally going to catch up and over power gmail in to submission!! hah!

wongers

Reaction score
i have to admit that google does offer some great services that still remain free :)

i feel that hotmail is just an e-mail thingy now with not a right lot else going on lol

vekou

Reaction score
gmail is the best in terms of service overall, but i like the interface of yahoo better.

when it comes to webmaster stuff, i prefer gmail, since i can use google apps to redirect emails from my domain for free. but when it comes to personal stuff, i prefer yahoo since my primary email address since 2000 is on yahoo.

phatfiel

Reaction score
I like all three and have accounts with all three, but my wife primarily uses yahoo, so I forward my other accounts to that one

stesouthby

Reaction score
hotmail beacuse its somthing which i never had any problems i used it for years and never seen any point in changing as the good old saying goes If It's not Broken, Don't Try to Fix It :)

krofunk

Reaction score
Gmail,

I like the fact that its not too flashy like Hotmail (all that glassy stuff etc) also Gmail has ads that are not so in your face...I guess the final thing in Gmail's favour is the fact you can use it with pretty much any email client.

Yahoo, erm never seen a reason to try it.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Why is Yahoo! so unpopular? I thought it would at least beat hotmail by a long shot.

kefka_asylum

Reaction score
i used yahoo mail system for a decade since the days they bought up geocities

recently i got tired of yahoo creating bulky colorful templates for a simple email interface and switched

i am glad i did also as gmail is the best email service i have seen

its got quirks as much as yahoo does but atleast its damn simple, plain, and responsive

gmail has only failed me once when their server died as i was typing up a document and it wasnt able to draft

yahoo failed me as they continue trying to shove news and push products at me

i still use yahoo as a legacy archaic email service for "unimportant" information

for a business i totally support gmail option

dibb3386

Reaction score
Yahoo, only because hotmail's spam and junk. Ive not really used gmail.i do here thats a good service.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I had used all three.But my first choice is GMAIL for its simlplicity and ease of use and also its speed.
They also support POP3 and imap . GMAILS free features matches with yahoo premium.
Hotmail is also good.The main disadvantage i came abt it is we can forward mails to only hotmail account,
So GMAIL wins,...

russjr08

Reaction score
I have reasons why I use GMail

1. I love it!

2. Yahoo is a no go because my parents didn't pay the bill and they disabled the account. It was up the next day but everything was GONE!

3. Hotmail doesn't support POP3 or IMAP unless you have pro, I pay M$ enough money!

4. No POP3 or IMAP means no mainly no Linux support unless you use ugly webmail

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
I like Gmail because it is very professional but also there is a free mail called GMX. go check it out

sluthra

Reaction score
Gmail is the best. Yahoo Mail doesn't have POP3 setup unless you pay for its premium service. Hotmail spam filters aren't that great. Gmail has POP3/IMAP, very clean interface. Blocks most spam at least in my case.

chingola

Reaction score
I use all three but dont like yahoo since they want you to pay for the POP part. I like to use outlook to handle all my accounts and refuse to pay for something that Hotmail/live and gmail offer free.