How about some more professional-looking second-level domains?

promolsx

Reaction score
When I was at Hostinger.com, you had a choice of second-level domains to which you could attach your XYZsite third-level domain, and the one I chose was xyzsite.16mb.com, which I thought looked fairly professional. xyzsite.x10host.com does not. Hostinger booted all of us over to 000webhost.com, so my site ended up being xyzsite.000webhost.com, which looked even more unprofessional than xyzsite.x10host.com, so I abandoned it. It looks like Hostinger still owns 16mb.com, but GoDaddy says 66mhz.com and 90mhz.com can be registered for 1c for the first year. Could X10 buy those, or some more like that, and let us set up our XYZsites at xyzsite.66mhz.com, or some other such dignified domain? I still look fondly at my xyzsite.16mb.com business card.

ctyrd

Reaction score
@promolsx
It seems to me that the more top level domains, the "Free Hosting Provider" has to maintain, to offer free subdomains, can get very expensive. Which means the free service will suffer in the long run.

I have tried several free hosting providers with the same results. x10hosting provides free hosting with free subdomain, and premium hosting. The free hosting can add a top level domain. There is not a more professional looking domain then a top level domain.

A top level domain cost an average of $10 dollars a year to maintain. The average cost of a good hosting plan, well,,, a plan with way more resources then I need is, $25 to $50 dollars a year, plus the cost of the domain. I hope x10hosting can continue offering free hosting for a long time.

I'v always wondered why x10hosting does not have a x10 Registrar service. That way I could feel as I'm giving something back to all the efforts of staff to maintain the hosting service for free.

Last edited:

promolsx

Reaction score
One or two second-level domains wouldn't be expensive - as I said, GoDaddy.com will register 66mhz.com for 1c for the first year. When I was at Hostinger.com, they had five or six to choose from (most were overseas top-level domains like .mx and .es). X10.com isn't available, but if X10hosting.com already owns it, offer that to those of us who want something more professional looking than X10host.com. (There! You see? X10hosting.com ALREADY has a second second-level domain: X10host.com!) (But when all is said and done, I would REALLY rather have 66mhz.com be the one they choose.)

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One or two second-level domains wouldn't be expensive - as I said, GoDaddy.com will register 66mhz.com for 1c for the first year. When I was at Hostinger.com, they had five or six to choose from (most were overseas top-level domains like .mx and .es). X10.com isn't available, but if X10hosting.com already owns it, offer that to those of us who want something more professional looking than X10host.com. (There! You see? X10hosting.com ALREADY has a second second-level domain: X10host.com!) (But when all is said and done, I would REALLY rather have 66mhz.com be the one they choose.)
We offer currently 3 TLD.
.x10.mx
.x10.bz
.elementfx.com

Our free hosting services are designed for personal web hosting and for users to test out web design and host small websites without any monetary commitment.

If you require a "professional" domain you can purchase that from a 3rd party ( you will be able to purchase from our free hosting panel very very soon) and then attach this to your 100% free hosting service here.

, but GoDaddy says 66mhz.com and 90mhz.com can be registered for 1c for the first year. Could X10 buy those, or some more like that,
You are certainly free to purchase this TLD for 1c, and attach this to your free service here with us.

promolsx

Reaction score
Thank you. That is a thoughtful and helpful response. It never occurred to me that the free hosting service wasn't intended for business use, but I'm glad there's no active policy against it. I have no problem paying for registering domains and hosting sites - I use the free ones because I am tired of getting into screaming matches with the business offices at GoDaddy and such places because their representatives have no idea what a company check or postal money order is. If X10hosting.com has a functioning business office, I'll buy XYZsite.com through them, buy premium hosting from them, and be happy as a kid in a candy store.

HenriettaReese

Reaction score
@promolsx
It seems to me that the more top level domains, the "Free Hosting Provider" has to maintain, to offer free subdomains, can get very expensive. Which means the free service will suffer in the long run.

I have tried several free hosting providers with the same results. x10hosting provides free hosting with free subdomain, and premium hosting. The free hosting can add a top level domain. There is not a more professional looking domain then a top level domain.

A top level domain cost an average of $10 dollars a year to maintain. The average cost of a good hosting plan, well,,, a plan with way more resources then I need is, $25 to $50 dollars a year, plus the cost of the domain. I hope x10hosting can continue offering free hosting for a long time.

I'v always wondered why x10hosting does not have a x10 Registrar service. That way I could feel as I'm giving something back to all the efforts of staff to maintain the hosting service for free.
It's important to consider the costs of maintaining a large number of top-level domains for free hosting providers that offer subdomains. While x10hosting offers a reliable free hosting service with the option to add a top-level domain, it's important to keep in mind that there are other costs associated with running a hosting service. While it would be nice if x10hosting had a domain registrar service, there are other ways to support them. Ultimately, it's important to weigh the benefits and limitations of free hosting providers with subdomains and consider upgrading to a premium hosting plan if needed. If you can search for mod software to help you, you can access mod apk right away to find the necessary information about the mod version for you.