How about some more professional-looking second-level domains?

promolsx

Reaction score
When I was at Hostinger.com, you had a choice of second-level domains to which you could attach your XYZsite third-level domain, and the one I chose was xyzsite.16mb.com, which I thought looked fairly professional. xyzsite.x10host.com does not. Hostinger booted all of us over to 000webhost.com, so my site ended up being xyzsite.000webhost.com, which looked even more unprofessional than xyzsite.x10host.com, so I abandoned it. It looks like Hostinger still owns 16mb.com, but GoDaddy says 66mhz.com and 90mhz.com can be registered for 1c for the first year. Could X10 buy those, or some more like that, and let us set up our XYZsites at xyzsite.66mhz.com, or some other such dignified domain? I still look fondly at my xyzsite.16mb.com business card.

ctyrd

Reaction score
@promolsx
It seems to me that the more top level domains, the "Free Hosting Provider" has to maintain, to offer free subdomains, can get very expensive. Which means the free service will suffer in the long run.

I have tried several free hosting providers with the same results. x10hosting provides free hosting with free subdomain, and premium hosting. The free hosting can add a top level domain. There is not a more professional looking domain then a top level domain.

A top level domain cost an average of $10 dollars a year to maintain. The average cost of a good hosting plan, well,,, a plan with way more resources then I need is, $25 to $50 dollars a year, plus the cost of the domain. I hope x10hosting can continue offering free hosting for a long time.

I'v always wondered why x10hosting does not have a x10 Registrar service. That way I could feel as I'm giving something back to all the efforts of staff to maintain the hosting service for free.

Last edited:

promolsx

Reaction score
One or two second-level domains wouldn't be expensive - as I said, GoDaddy.com will register 66mhz.com for 1c for the first year. When I was at Hostinger.com, they had five or six to choose from (most were overseas top-level domains like .mx and .es). X10.com isn't available, but if X10hosting.com already owns it, offer that to those of us who want something more professional looking than X10host.com. (There! You see? X10hosting.com ALREADY has a second second-level domain: X10host.com!) (But when all is said and done, I would REALLY rather have 66mhz.com be the one they choose.)