how can i make a radio on my x10hosing site???

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You'll need a streaming server as well as a program such as SHOUTCast to be able to run a radio station on your website. You won't be able to do that with the free hosting entirely, but you can at least use the free hosting to host the website. A VPS will be able to be used for running a full fledged Radio station with website on one server.

abhishek_del

Reaction score
this will require a lot of bandwidth and free servers are probably not suited for this. Try the premium account

cenobite321

Reaction score
I have actually mounted a radio in my website using NiceCast, which is for Mac. It's simple if you follow the instructions in the user manual. The only downside is that you need a good Internet connection and having your computer connected to a no-brake since you will be broadcasting from your computer. This was why I decided to take the radio thing down.

hackking

Reaction score
ok ok as u say it's not possible with free account
but you should tell me how it is possible with premium account

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
one thought came to my mind, to make radio we have to upload some copyrighted mp3 to our server, did x10hosting allow it.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Illegal Material: This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State, or Local regulation. You may not store copyrighted Mp3s or videos on your webspace in any way shape or form.

Your answer is in this line.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
But I think mp3 from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh there is no problem cause many of them are having them on their server and their is no problem. You can see www.songs.pk it is a very popular site in India and Pakistan and it is running successfully with no problem.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
simply If the music or audio files are not copyrighted by the owner then you can upload it to your x10 account.
Also I understand you point of view... songs.pk is very famous site.
I also download music from this site..

stesouthby

Reaction score
no matter what your laws state the servers are in the US and that means that they fall under US law so if there already copyrighted and you do not have there permission you can be in some trouble

wongers

Reaction score
no matter what your laws state the servers are in the US and that means that they fall under US law so if there already copyrighted and you do not have there permission you can be in some trouble

has anyone actually figured out if he plans to host them on his x10 account or is this just what everyone has assumed??

it is to my understanding that he wants a radio feature on his site, which could steam music from a different server entirely, so whats the problem?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you want to stream music to your visitors, I would suggest using ShoutCast. However, this will not work very good having the music streamed to visitors from your Internet connection. I would suggest buying a VPS and running the ShoutCast server from there.

Even with a working setup, this is not enough. It is illegal to stream, transmit, reproduce, etc. without the proper licenses. Look at these licensing sites for a starting point:

Good luck!

Last edited: