How can i start editing my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackaroo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new here but i was just wondering how to start editing my site. I have the cpanel address and password and i can get onto it but what do i go onto if i want to add information and change the layout. Sorry this is such a noobish question im just not entirely sure.

Thanks

admincafe

Reaction score
for adding pageges you must place them in the public_html folder.

hartap

Reaction score
u can use the wesite builder program, such frontpage, dreamweaver, etc and upload your file. But in another way u can log in to u r cpanel and use some script in there, choose according to what type site u want.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You should download a FTP Client. (I.e SmartFTP - Free.)

Then you can make your stuff on your desktop and upload it into your www or Public_HTML folder. For it to show up on the web.

jackaroo

Reaction score
great thanks. Cant wait to start editing. Can i use anything that creates html documents.

Last edited:

moparfan90

Reaction score
yes... you can use cpanel and install a content managemeent system... php-nuke... which looks nice

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's fine to use. Only if you know how, You probley tryed it and every time you posted HTML tags showed up. Just ither have to play around with the HTML settings or make a new admin login.

Chauhan7

Reaction score
admincafe said:
for adding pageges you must place them in the public_html folder.

i have that folder but i cant add my index.htm page in it says it already exists so how do get rid of the other 1

jackaroo

Reaction score
how do i view what is in my oublic html folder. I put the homepage in there but cant edit it cause it doesnt show up.

admincafe

Reaction score
hmmz you mean public_HTLM folder lolz,

well if you want to edit something especially with HTML you better do it on your computer offline not directly on the internet what is inposible as far as i know you almost everytime you must download it and edit your file on your computer.and than upload the edited file to the server.

if you put it in the public_HTML folder or the WWW folder it should show up on the internet.

Last edited:

jackaroo

Reaction score
All solved now. Thanks.

Thanks for all the help.

Jackaroo :D :D :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.