How do I change my domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalanac

Reaction score
Hi, I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain how I either change my domain or add another one. Here's my problem:

When I first registered I set up a .co.cc domain and configured it so it pointed at my website as normal using the name servers. I then bought a .co.uk domain. Currently I have web forwarding to forward my .co.uk on to my .co.cc. Only trouble is that the address doesn't update, it just stays as www.tangentarium.co.uk.

This causes a few problems (only minor ones) in the forum, namely folks can't see the full address for a thread or post (which would be handy so people can link between posts) and if you hit refresh you're thrown back to the home page (annoying as I have a rather deep forum and it takes a while to navigate back in).

Is there a way to either make my .co.uk domain act in the same way as my .co.cc domain or just change my domain over to the .co.uk.

I looked at the tutorial but couldn't find the option to change my domain.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I see that you've got 123-reg.co.uk as your nameservers as well. Take those out and leave in the x10hosting ones to see if this solves your problem.

kalanac

Reaction score
OK, I've removed the 123-reg name servers now, do I need to do anything in the control panel, I've got tangentarium.co.uk added as an addon domain (I don't know if this is the correct thing to do but it seems logical). Tutorials and similar issues mention a check box to say I'm using my own domain but I can't find it anywhere.
Edit:
After reading another post I've deleted the addon domain and set up a parked domain, I'll see if this works (need to wait on nominet)

Last edited:

kalanac

Reaction score
AHA! Fixed.

OK if anyone ever has this problem here's what I did:

Change the name servers at the registrar to point at the x10 name servers (ns1.x10hosting.com & ns1.x10hosting.com)

Create a parked domain with the new domain (i.e. mynewdomain.co.uk)

Wait for nominet to catch up

Presto.
Edit:
Oh bum clouds, and there was me thinking it was all dandy, I'll try kicking the site builder a bit. Still it displays everything OK.
Edit:
any suggestions on where I should kick the builder?

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Perhaps an administrator is going to have to tell you how or kick it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.