how do i edit every page at once

remnightfall

Reaction score
I dunno if this is possible but if it is someone please tell me. I have like 30 pages and its a pain to go to each one and edit it.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
If you use PHP pages you could use an include to have one file for the header or whatever. However, this would mean adding it to every page first. It depends how many times you expect to have to change them all.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Create a PHP file with the content you need to edit, such as a navigation menu and name it menu.php.

For each individual page, create PHP files instead of HTML (they work the same way) and where the content in menu.php should go, add the following line instead:

Code:
<?php include("menu.php"); ?>

Upload all of the files into the same directory. When you edit menu.php, all files calling to menu.php will be updated at once.

For now, you will need to edit each one adding the PHP lines.

Click here to learn more about PHP Includes.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I dunno if this is possible but if it is someone please tell me. I have like 30 pages and its a pain to go to each one and edit it.

Perhaps you are seeking a content management system like Joomla where you can pull up a list of pages in a single window and then select the one you wish to edit. I would guess that most individuals and organizations with large websites containing lot's of content use some type of CMS .

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In a nutshell, you're stuck with editing all thirty by hand. Of course if you had a copy of Dreamweaver it's fairly easy to do. Don't recall if the Bluefish HTML editor(free open source alternative) performs a similiar global search and replace across pages, so that might be well worth a look.