How do I edit my site? Like put Text and stuff on?

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
There are many ways to create a website. If you know HTML then this will be the simplest route to create a basic website with text and links etc.

To edit the files on the server you can either use the file manager built into cPanel, or you could get an FTP client (I recommend SmartFTP).

If you look in the Tutorials section of the Forums there will be information about all of this there.

Last edited:

Daniel S

Reaction score
Hi

If you have knowlage of html then you can use a simpe text editor to save it as html and upload it to your website (you can upload via ftp)

Or if you dont know any html or php etc you will need to use either microsoft frontpage, microsoft expression web , adobe dreamwever)

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
In cPanel, click on File Manager under the "Files" section. Then click on the file you want to edit and click the "Code Editor" or "HTML Editor" option on the top menu bar. Any changes you make will be instantly viewable :)

Last edited:

floydier

Reaction score
there's a LOT of tutorials over the web if you want to learn (here, too), I suggest google.com with search entries like HTML cheat sheet css, php, exc.

I'm not new at website making, I'm just not very good at it (still)... try looking under Software/Services in your cpanel and look for fantastico . It does the installation software for you. (Thats what I did, and still do)