How do i Flush my COX IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2PGames

Reaction score
I just got Cox Internet and when i go:

RUN> COMMAND > ipconfig /release > ipconfig /renew

i keep getting the same IP isn't that the dynamic ip changer b/c it should change my ip when i had Static with DS EXtreme every website i visited said thats how you change you ip but i keep getting the same crap

Can someone help

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
It depends on your ISP, whether or not they give you a dynamic IP address or a static IP address. If you keep renewing it and it stays the same, then you probably have a static IP. Contact your ISP if you're unsure.

What exactly do you need help with though?

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Turn your router/modem off, wait about 1 minute and turn them on, as if you have a router, it renews that IP not your IP for the internet.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Turn your router/modem off, wait about 1 minute and turn them on, as if you have a router, it renews that IP not your IP for the internet.
Although it might be much longer than 1 minute. For me to change mine using that method it could be a day or even a week. I believe this is because you must wait for the IP to be assigned to someone else.

The only times my IP has changed is when we've not been connected for a few days, such as when we were moving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.