How do i use FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

twin2t7

Reaction score
ok am adding phpBB onto my site for fourms i made a sum domin for it named fourms and i think i uploaded phpBB and on my FTP client i typed in my fourm site and all the files from php r there on the client is this a good thing?? and how do i get the fourm site to work?

eminemix

Reaction score
Try installing phpbb2 without using ftp if you don't know how to use it.
Go to your cpanel. ( www.yourdomain/cpanel ) and login.
Click "Fantastico De Luxe".
Go to Discussion Boards -> phpBB2. (click)

The installation should be easy.

LyteNight

Reaction score
Or you could download the phpbb zip file. Then upload that zip via File Manager. Afterwards, you extract all the files into the directory you want and viola!

twin2t7

Reaction score
Or you could download the phpbb zip file. Then upload that zip via File Manager. Afterwards, you extract all the files into the directory you want and viola!

i done that it came up like extrating and some wasn't and then some1 said i needed FTP

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
i done that it came up like extrating and some wasn't and then some1 said i needed FTP

Not really sure what this means.

kajasweb

Reaction score
As LyteNight said, you can download the latest stable release of phpBB package. Upload it to your directory. Extract the package in the directory created for your sub-domain. (The package may also create directory when you extract it, check the package structure and extract the files as per your need). Create the MySQL Database in your cPanel, Add the user to it with all necessary privileges and point your browser to the phpBB Forum installation script and follow the instructions on the page.

Or else, you can simply use cPanel's Fantastico

All the best.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

It seems your problem has been solved; if you have any more questions please feel free to open this.

Status
Not open for further replies.