How do you get...

ZeptOr

Reaction score
How do you get a table to always be extended vertically so that it touches the bottom of the browser.. always?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you have an example of what kind of table your tallking about for mine i just edit the hieght

ZeptOr

Reaction score
Okay..

Let me explain to you what I want to do. I am making a website so I can put my work on it. The address is http://greenear.x10hosting.com/Main/index4.html

Right below the footer (where it says "all rights reserved") there is sometimes space showing the background. This depends on what you have your resolution set to. If my site requires you to scroll down, its fine, but if its doesn't, then there is the unwanted space. Check this page:
http://greenear.x10hosting.com/Main/about.html

On the above page, I want the table that everything is set in to extend all the way to the bottom, leaving no space and making everything look.. nicer.

Did you get that?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Like i told you edit the height of that image

Zenax

Reaction score
set the height of the table to 100%, it should technically expand to fit the whole page or shrink so it fits your content.

Check for margins, they might be causing the white space, try css.

aking47

Reaction score
<style>
div.copyright {
position: absolute;
bottom: 10px;
}
</style>

<div class="copyright">Put your message here</div>

dyfuse

Reaction score
ZeptOr said:
How do you get a table to always be extended vertically so that it touches the bottom of the browser.. always?

I think I get what you mean. The best way to control this is using CSS. The only problem is that the background will still show down the bottom, if the content is shorter than the height of the browser window, but that's not a matter to be concerned about.

What I've done on my site is applied this CSS code to the "body" tag:

Code:
[COLOR=black]body[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]}[/COLOR]

You should be able to apply that to the 'table' tag as well, but if you apply it to 'table' alone, there will still be a default margin of 10px at the top and bottom in the 'body' of the page. So it's imperative that you apply it to the 'body' tag.

If you want an example where I've applied this, just PM me.

ZeptOr

Reaction score
Thanks, I have't tried it yet, but when I get the chance I will

dyfuse

Reaction score
When you get the chance...just tell me if it works or not... ;)

mattyranks

Reaction score
you can set table heights in percentages so that is all you should have to do

dyfuse

Reaction score
Well, apparently there's always a default margin from the top of the browser window, and from the bottom of the browser window...just what I've read in some tech article somewhere online...works for me though - try both and you should have NO troubles! :)