How does one find out what server they are on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

centralian

Reaction score
Just as a matter of interest, how do we find out which server we are on? I guess my site is on lotus or cossack as it has been down for a while like everyone elses but I am curious as to how I find out which one I am on?

Cheers

Centralian.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I know you can tell if you can get into cpanel; it's on the left.

But since you probably can't cause you're on Lotus, the alternative is asking. You're on Lotus :)

shant93

Reaction score
It should be on the main page of your hosting tab in your account panel. I figured that was straightforward.

centralian

Reaction score
I know you can tell if you can get into cpanel; it's on the left.

But since you probably can't cause you're on Lotus, the alternative is asking. You're on Lotus :)

Thanks for that, I appreciate the response so quickly.

It should be on the main page of your hosting tab in your account panel. I figured that was straightforward.

Yep I probably could but as Livewire has pointed out I cannot get to my account panel to view it. I rarely go to my account panel as my site takes care of itself without my needing to administer it continually. I usually come here first if the site has been down for extended amounts of time and usually I get the answer I am looking for. :)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe shant93 meant viewing the Account Panel at http://x10hosting.com/control/
After logging in with your forum username/password, click View Details. then you can view the details about your hosting account

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
And I just learned something cause I didn't know it shows up on the Account Panel page; this is what I get for being on paid with a different login setup XD

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If for some reason you can access neither your account panel nor cPanel, you can use dig or nslookup (depending on yours OS) or a dig web interface to look up the IP for your site name and then run a reverse look up using the same tool to get the primary server name for that address.

centralian

Reaction score
If for some reason you can access neither your account panel nor cPanel, you can use dig or nslookup (depending on yours OS) or a dig web interface to look up the IP for your site name and then run a reverse look up using the same tool to get the primary server name for that address.

Cool thanks for that info it will come in handy, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.