512Kbps down / 256 up

3 Gig cap (have to buy more if i want more) :(

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
2588.png

Your connection is: 1251 Kbps or 1.3 Mbps
You downloaded at: 153 kB/s
You are running: 22 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 6.69 second(s)
( http://www.testmy.net )

Decided to take 3 tests to get a general idea. *laughs*

Last edited:

Trixter

Reaction score
Supposed to be 1mb DL - 1mb UL BUT it really clocks in at 512-800+ kbs :(
Yes I am uncapped and paying +-$170 a month for it

BTW Internet in SA Is dominated by one company of which the government owns more then 50% so uncapped is really a new idea over here and is QUITE SLOW and buggy, not to mention the help lines... oops I meant to say HELL LINES. XP

Last edited:

munim

Reaction score
i have a enhanced GPRS connection(EDGE). It's damn slow (around 6-10KBps download) but atleast I can use it anywhere and anytime from my phone.
PS: 6-10KBps= 48-80kbps... don't get confused..

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
EDGE is after GPRS and before 3G. Are you using your cell phone? Does your network not support faster packet data?

munim

Reaction score
yeah i know... but the providers here in India have not started 3g rollout yet. I am using a nokia 6151.. it supports edge and 3g.
PS: I mean.. I use my phone as a modem to connect to the internet. I am on my computer now! Though I can use internet from my phone too..

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
India has one of the worlds largest cellular networks, surprising! 3G sux though, dont get your hopes up. Costly and very temperamental.

munim

Reaction score
yeah.. sad isn't it..
infact now there is a big debate whether 3g should be given at all! some WiMax providers want the spectrum for themselves.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Always the case, never skrewed us over enough that they have to go and monopolize things. In my country only the one network has 3g and HSDPA, they allow the other networks to piggie back on it. Due to this, all the networks offer around the same rates and there is no competative pricing.

manzoor

Reaction score
I get 70-100 kbps downloading and for uploading its random usually around 500kpbs Unlimited uploading and downloading

Sohail

Reaction score
My ISP provides me with a 512kbps though it goes much slower then that - sometimes as 100kbps! Is that normal? I didnt even know it was possible to have an internet connection over 50mbps!

BlackIrish

Reaction score
1536/256kbps... I want a lot more, but this is my countriy's maximum!

alfred

Reaction score
My local monoploy of an ISP only gives 3mbs, but in reality it is worse: 92kbs MAX!

omychron

Reaction score
2Mbps down, I have no idea about upload.
I've never had an upload speed above 30kb/s, and when that happens it's as if my line is at full capacity, since downloads go VERY slow then.
Quite annoying if you download a lot of torrents, like I do.

brentr

Reaction score
I have the 15/2 FIOS plan from verizon. Word on the street is it will soon be 20/2 its really fast ;)

Reaction score
my internet is connected to the local are network in london! Yes the 2GBPS.
my downloads are usually around 60-400mbps and my uploads can go up to 700Mbs+. i tend not to upload too much as it sometimes slows down the network for other people!

Status
Not open for further replies.