How large is your music collection?

Zenax

Reaction score
I have over 650+ MP3's, and I am in the middle of downloading around 200+ more

So tell me how many have you got stored on your computer?

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
7,5k+
around 40Gb

J-music, game music, and anime musics (LoL im a j-music radio DJ, i have to et lots of 'em ;) )

Zenax

Reaction score
Ok, I thought mine was large lol .... that just out does me completly!

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
174gig's of mp3 (almost 50,000 tracks). I have run plenty of duplicate checkers, some that just check on tags and file name and some that do a complete file compair. One that suposedly checks levels, song length, and a whole load of other stuff (by the time I ran this the collection was almost clean).
The whole collection is all formatted appropriatly (Case of file name, File name made up by "artist, album, track, track name", most tags are in place.
It is an alphabetical directory stucture, (A,B,C,...Temp,Other)
Really is a mission keeping it in order. Started collecting at least 8 years back,
40gig music videos,
4gig midi tracks (4000+ tracks),
2-3gig funny video clips and great adverts,
4-5 gig Simpsons episodes,
and alot of other stuff...

Midgento

Reaction score
I used to have tonnes but then did a massive cleanup after it got to 38gig, down to around 16gig now

Last edited:

Veivei

Reaction score
Got only about 20Gb of mp3s, but over than 80Gb of music video on my harddrive :biggrin:

Trixter

Reaction score
10,000 Songs (63gb)
1,000 Music Videos (39gb)
300 Movies (186gb)
2,220 Series Episodes (+-288gb) (most are +-130mb so I averaged it out)
360 Podcasts (6gb)

So in total thats... 582gb of music, movies and shows. all on two 700 gb drives :) (one for Video, one for Audio)

Last edited:

jsobeck

Reaction score
Somewhere in the range of 6,000 some odd songs for me, working on expanding a music video library of about 50 and movie library of about 30.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I have 1.04gb of songs on my computer and 132 songs on my ipod and then a ton of songs on cds.

dyfuse

Reaction score
I've got 8GB of music which comprises of about 1400 songs, and another 8GB to sort through!

I'm one of those people who likes to make sure they've got good quality tracks, with all the tags added and filenames named properly. It takes ages to sort through!!

Are there any others who bother with all the tags? (well, at least: artist, album, year, title, track number)

Zenax

Reaction score
Well most of my music tends to come from napster. So all my tracks come pre-tagged which is useful.

Like mentioned earlier I was downloading 200+ tracks using napster, so my collection has increased to around 800+

Most of the genres are Rock, Metal, Soft Metal etc, but I also have some R&B, Rap, Pop etc.

So, now I know how big they are but what sort of genres does all this amazing amount of music consist of?

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Are there any others who bother with all the tags? (well, at least: artist, album, year, title, track number)

Yeah, I'm one of those people. When I get a big infusion of music, I'll usually only check the songs superficially, but if I'm listening to a song and it's title isn't formatted properly, I'll fix it and any others nearby in the list.

dyfuse

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm one of those people. When I get a big infusion of music, I'll usually only check the songs superficially, but if I'm listening to a song and it's title isn't formatted properly, I'll fix it and any others nearby in the list.

I knew that there be some others who were in a sense, pedantic, about their labelling/tagging of songs.

So, now I know how big they are but what sort of genres does all this amazing amount of music consist of?

I am a very wide listener, so I have quite a few genres in my collection. They include: Rock, Punk Rock, Pop, RnB, Rap, Classical, Alternative Rock, Country, Dance, Hip-Hop...

But the majority of my music covers the first few genres!

Last edited: