How long does it take for a website to show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

restoration31

Reaction score
I was just wondering how long it takes for a website to show up once it is built?

Thanks!

jhowmar

Reaction score
From everything i've seen it's like 5 seconds or how ever long it takes your browser to refresh a web page after you have published the site

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
DNS Propagation can take up to 48 hours, though its often less.

Clear your browser cache and DNS cache (ipconfig /flushdns on Windows).

After uploading your site files into the right directory (public_html) and if the DNS is all updated, files usually show up instantly.

apohler1

Reaction score
Hi,

same here, since we are on the new serverfarm loading times of my web page and of this forums are terrible.
My site loads upto 80% slowlier than it did on the old server. And this forum loads horrible too. I can only login to this forum, if it loads, at this time of a day and under often refreshing the web browser call, because forums isn`t loading for me at other times :(
When do you guys think that we'll get the announced "loading faster of the web pages"?

Ty in advance for information :)

Greetings

PS: I have a new Laptop and a fast internet connection, only FYI ;)

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

same here, since we are on the new serverfarm loading times of my web page and of this forums are terrible.
My site loads upto 80% slowlier than it did on the old server. And this forum loads horrible too. I can only login to this forum, if it loads, at this time of a day and under often refreshing the web browser call, because forums isn`t loading for me at other times :(
When do you guys think that we'll get the announced "loading faster of the web pages"?

Ty in advance for information :)

Greetings

PS: I have a new Laptop and a fast internet connection, only FYI ;)

The forum and your site load up just fine for me, and is fast.

restoration31

Reaction score
Ok, I cleared my cache etc. and it is still not coming up. I updated my name servers on GoDaddy on 4/14/10, and have received a verification e-mail that the nameserver was updated. All files are in public_html. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.