How much do YOU know about computers

D

dWhite

I've been working on computers for about 15 years years now. Pretty much self-explainitory.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
About 3 years which I've recently learned a ton of stuff.
I know how to efficiently use my computer and know HTML and am learning PHP and CSS.
Computers are great.
:)

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Not too much, just have been around them since the ol' 8088's ( Heh. I don't miss DOS ) back when 5.25 floppies were the norm. Lets just say, I know enough to get myself in trouble and have to call my techie friend.

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
to based on percentage, i would rate my self 90%. i am an onliner also, most of my knowledge are based on all latest gags. i also know most of computers history. and i am an active person on computer activity. ^_^

javajenius

Reaction score
I've broken at least 6 computers, so i guess i do know a lot about computers. Actually, i really do, i wanted to learn java (programming language), so i read some books on it. You cant program without learning how to use the machine, so i learned by breaking computers (and reading about them). That's the end of my story.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
im semi good with them. Basiclly if theres computer trouble in the house my parents ask me for help, although there quote good with computers themselves.

Ive fixed any problem ive had, and havn't need to talk to a tech support in about 2 and half years.

I have also modified/upgraded and custom built a couple machines, so i know them hardware wise.

And last but not least:
I help my computer Science Teacher with the code, which he then helps everyone else, cause they seem to not like me helping them, although its so easy they normally don't need help.

i wish mod had come to mind so i didn't have to write:
return(((num / 10) * 10) + recursiveFunction(num /10));

that the otherday really annoyed me cause it was so simple:
return (num % 10) + recursiveFunction(num /10);

tittat

Reaction score
the more i study about computers the lesser knowledgeable i feel.I dont know why....but its a truth....

theafterthought

Reaction score
I know a fair amount, but it's easy to over-estimate yourself. There are always millions out there far better than yourself...

megaman4278

Reaction score
^i agree with that :biggrin: i can't deny i know a thing or two more than the average user, but then again, there are lots more out there. :biggrin:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I have 11 years of experience in working with computers.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I have about 6 years experience, but I can build a computer and identify different parts (and put them in), and know a few tricks in Windows.

I'm a hardware geek. :biggrin:

sinogap

Reaction score
Have been working with them for 9 years. pretty much taught myself I consider myself an expert

Last edited:

like2program

Reaction score
I know a good amount.
been working with them for around 5 years now ad I know most of the intermediate stuff.

Dan

Reaction score
I know quite a fair amount. Mainly self-taught, my Uncle shows me a lot though!
I'm going to see if I can find a quiz somewhere to test how much I know!!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I know a lot, enough to the point where I provide on demand tech support for people in the area, AND can fix their problem in a half hour at the most or take in their computer for the night and work on it. People say I do a great job, and being that I work with Linux a bit and built a high performance gaming system, I'm pretty good as well. I'm pretty much self taught.

Last edited:

Socius

Reaction score
I know how to assemble one and add video cards, RAM ect.
I know you shouldn't poor oil on it if it's stuck.
Apart from that I know (MUCH) more about software then Hardware I guess.

sunils

Reaction score
Thats a difficult question to answer as still new things are coming out daily and i am trying to learn it to.